Line 6 gearbox and Slate drums

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Threw 3 songs together over the last 2 days with Line 6 gearbox plugin and the new Slate drum samples. How's the guitar sound?

The drum programming on the latest 2 songs are crap. Just enough to get the ideas off. A real drummer will be replacing the beats soon with a TD-20 and DFHS/Slate drums.

Click here

Just added a third new song...

Hey, that kick´s ass.. I like your tone. It´s pretty transparent and punchy, good work. And I really like the snare-sample!

Seb

btw: What about sharing your gearbox settings?

Thanks! No verb on the snare at all. Just some minor EQ in a C1 compressor and Gclip. It's snare 7 in the new Slate sample CD with the Z4 ambiance mixed in at about 35%. Lots of decay. Beautiful samples.

yeah. this "yet another one with no name" keeps sounding better everytime I hear it.

The slow beat and the overdrives that start at 0:54s are top notch composition.

You need to release these songs with vocals ASAP. One of the most original composition style I've heard in a long time.

simple, catchy and with groove.

also I think you have a lot of ambience on those guitars. It is working well for this style.

Yea splat nice fucking job dude I always enjoy your songs:headbang:

The bass sounds mean with that distortion on no name 1! Care to share any info on that like what distortion and what your chain is on that beast?

Yea splat nice fucking job dude I always enjoy your songs:headbang:

The bass sounds mean with that distortion on no name 1! Care to share any info on that like what distortion and what your chain is on that beast?

Thanks man! For the bass, I used an 1970 Fender P Bass with original pickups (1 humbucker only.)

The bottom end is handled by Amplitube's Ampeg SVT plugin. The preset is a stock preset called High Gain 1. I run that signal into a waves Q10 eq with some minor adjustments, then into a Marquis compressor, then into an L1 limiter. The distorted part of the bass is Gearbox using the same exact patch as the guitars. That sound is then highpassed at 700hz and lowpassed at 5000hz and limited with an L1 limiter.

You need to release these songs with vocals ASAP. One of the most original composition style I've heard in a long time.

simple, catchy and with groove.

also I think you have a lot of ambience on those guitars. It is working well for this style.

+1! :kickass:

Your ideas are always so cool to me. Not many people have captivating older alt-metal stuff anymore. I'm so pissed, though, because I've only had time to check out my new Slate samples at a glance and that Z4 ambience just sounds amazing.

Your ideas are always so cool to me. Not many people have captivating older alt-metal stuff anymore. I'm so pissed, though, because I've only had time to check out my new Slate samples at a glance and that Z4 ambience just sounds amazing.

Dude, the Z4's alone make the upgrade worth it, even if it didn't come with double the amount of samples.

holy fucking shit!... killer guitar tone on " one with no name 2 "

you dont need a real drummer! if you dont tell us that are dfh i wuold believe that those are real....

can you put a screenshot of the guitar eq! !¿:heh:

:worship:

Kicking back listening to your stuff - sounds awesome in the headphones!!
Getting ready to run my Slate 1.5 disc & load up the samples. Your stuff is inspiring!

Keep Creating & posting your stuff! :headbang: