New song ideas with Line 6 gearbox

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Threw some ideas together with Line 6 gearbox plugin. Sounds just like my POD XT, just have the option of changing tones a lot easier after the fact. How is this guitar sound coming along?

The drum programming is crap. Just enough to get the ideas off. A real drummer will be replacing the beats soon with a TD-20 and DFHS/Slate drums.

Click here

Its the one labeled "Another song with no name yet"

@Splat88:
I liked it! Very full, is it quadtracked? Also, how do you replace with samples the drums recorded with TD-20? Does it have an output for every piece of the kit? I own a TD-3 that only have a stereo out, so I can´t use apptrigga with it.

I've got Gearbox but I've never used it cause I always play PodXt, does it worth using that software or it is just the same as PodXt, is there any improvement?

He´s talking about the plugin version (you have to buy it), not the stand alone software (that´s free). They are the same thing, but the plugin let you record the dry tracks and them just add the plugin and tweak the tone as you like it. Kind of a very very easy reamp. I do own this plugin and love it, the only drawback is that, as you throw 3 or 4 instances of it, you better start to freeze the tracks for CPU relief. But anyway, it´s always cool to have your songs tracked DI because you can easily remix them if you learn how to dial a better tone later.

yeah, gearbox is pretty sweet. dont forget the preamp models which are pretty cool, and the la-2a sim sounds pretty good

it also came in handy a few weeks ago when this band i was recording HAD to have this one delay effect that was on one of their line 6 pieces of gear at home

Podxt reamping lets you do that too via USB, it's pretty killer

the podxt reamp simply lets you reamp stuff, the gearbox lets you adjust parameters freely and be done with it and not have to sit and wait for the audio to pass through the podxt to reamp

Thanks guys! The model is the California Diamondplate, cab is treadplate cab, mic is the u67 condenser mic. No impulses were used but I did use curve EQ after the fact. Guitars were quad tracked, two with a real TS9 tubescreamer and 2 tracks with no boost whatsoever.

Addressing the TD20 question, we just use the midi output from the TD20 to trigger DFHS and Slate drums, not by using the internal TD20 sounds.

the podxt reamp simply lets you reamp stuff, the gearbox lets you adjust parameters freely and be done with it and not have to sit and wait for the audio to pass through the podxt to reamp

Ah right, cuz Gearbox is a plugin...that makes sense.

Is this silver or gold of the gearbox software. About to purchase this.
Thanks!

Neither. I have a PODxt so I bought the stand alone plugin and use the PODxt as the input source. I think its the equivalent of the Gold version though.