Pod Farm/Gearbox and XT Flash memory questions!

Krenzathal

Sep 11, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Ok I cannot get any kind of response from Line 6 so I'll ask here! Sorry if it's old questions, I know Pod Farm has been out for a while.

I was thinking of buying Pod Farm, but I held back because I wanted to know if I could load my tones, or specifically my favourite tone from My Podxt into it. My concern came because I use version 1.05 of the xt Flash memory in order to get my specific tone. I have tried updating to later versions and my tone sounded less than satisfactory so I was wondering if Pod Farm could load tones from this particular version.

I also heard that Podxt can't be used as a dongle with Pod Farm and I'd have to buy toneport with it which I'm not happy about because I don't need another interface and I've been a POD user for about 10 years and I'm a bit pissed off they have just left my product out.

TBH I'd prefer Gearbox because I know that works with PODxt. I downloaded it (It's still available on the Line 6 website!) but Line 6 Monkey won't let me purchase or activate it so I'm a bit stuck as to what to do to get my special tones onto some sort of plugin.

Can anyone here shed some light on this subject? As I say Line 6 and their forums are pretty useless and I can't get any information direct from them on the subject.

Cheers all!