POD Farm?

Element77

Sep 12, 2006
Hey, I was thinking about buying POD Farm for my PODxt, but I don't know if it's a ripoff. The reason is, I have the "metal pack" for my XT, but POD farm doesn't come with it? So do I have to buy the premium pack for 200 bucks just to be able have it as a VST or will i get my Metal pack because I have it on my XT?

I know. That's what I'm saying, so unless I buy the premium pack I lose my Big Bottom, Diamond Plate, and basically all my metal shop amps?

no, you won't loose those models, they should work in pod farm too. you may need to activate them with the line6 monkey program

ahh, awesome i was just going to ask the same question, as i just won on ebay a pod xt with a couple of packs included

First, you can download POD Farm for free as an interface and it will be instead of gearbox or what ever packs you have. Second, look for revalver HP. it is $70 only, but what I figured it still can load settings for tweaked amp from somebody else Revalver MKIII, but you cannot tweak amps by yourself.

I'm picking up a Studio UX2 w/ Pod Farm. My question is whether I can get an upgrade to Pod Farm Platinum?

The website is unclear. I know that Pod Farm platinum comes with the UX8, but the website says the only compatible hardware is an iLok.

Does platinum work with the UX2 hardware?

I have UX2 with Gear Box Plugin Metal Shop Junkie FX Bass Expansion and you can get pod farm without loose them I have all my arsenal of Line 6 now jeje POD 2.0 for practice and live underground POD xt Pro for big performance and reamp with amplifier and my UX 2 in the studio are too great I always reacord line not using cab or amps.

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question, but with Pod Farm can you run multiple instances within your DAW? If so, how cpu hungry is it?

It is not that CPU hungry in my opinion.
I have a macbook pro (2.4 intel dual core) And I opened 5 instances of it in one project with about 30 other plugins (from logic and waves) and I had a lot of headroom (in my cpu meters)

I think with a dual core your fine

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question, but with Pod Farm can you run multiple instances within your DAW? If so, how cpu hungry is it?

Yeah you can Just put the plugin into a group channel If you use Nuendo and redirect the output of the track to record to there

I just bought Pod Farm and after it crashed Sonar a couple of times it's now working....don't know what happened there. Anyway, is it possible to chose different speakers or disable speaker emulation, like with the pod xt? Probably another stupid question, but I normally use impulses with my pod xt and would like to do the same with pod farm.

Sorry. just figured it out....probably should have looked a bit harder!