Question about Pod Farm 2.0 and Metal Shop Pack

roy22341

Aug 23, 2008
Lafayette, LA
Long confusing story ahead.

I had a podXT and bought the metal shop pack. I had downloaded POD Farm when it was free about a year ago. Everything was all well and good, I was able to use Pod Farm when I had the pod hooked up via USB. However, things went south and the pod died.

I went ahead and bought an iLok, but when I went to transfer my license key for the free Pod Farm onto it I found that even though I had ordered and downloaded it when it was free, I could not transfer the key onto the iLok because the deal had expired.

My question is, if I download POD Farm 2.0 and put the license on my iLok, will I be able to use the metal shop pack with it? Or do I have to spend $300 on Pod Farm 2.0 Platinum just to get those amp models?

I know that was probably pretty confusing but hopefully someone has some experience with this. Thanks.

Nevermind, after searching the Line6 support pages for a while it seems you cannot use model packs on the iLok version of POD Farm - which makes NO sense whatsoever. Your only options are the 100$ version or the 300$ version with ALL the expansions...

Yeah, Line6 are the most retarded assholes in this galaxy.
I couldn't use the "free pod farm" license on my iLok either. Had to buy it again when I wanted to use it because my shitty GearBox died (how ironic).
I swear I'll never buy anything with the label "Line6" on it again.

I've bought pod farm platinium for ilok for 49eu, upgraded for free to pod farm 2 and i have all the extra packs in pod farm 2, but no extra packs in pod farm 1... go figure :guh:

So if I were to buy POD Farm Platinum for my iLok today I would still get a free upgrade to POD Farm 2.0? Or does this only apply to the non-iLok version?

I still don't understand how you think you are entitled to use the Model Packs which you bought for your XT with PODfarm... PODfarm doesn't have model packs, there is PODfarm and then PODfarm Platinum.

I gave up on Line 6 during the whole windows 7 drivers debacle. They literally ignored their customers questions and concerns for months. They pissed off a LOT of people.

They still haven't fixed them, at least not for the pod studio series. Everyone I know with Windows 7 (64 and 32, including myself on a 64 bit laptop) get random silence, pops and BSODs. They still only write "it works fine on our computer at the office".

I had this issue and posted a thing on their message board, as did Machinated... the issue was that even though we had the model packs on our physical PODs, and could use them as a plugin via Gearbox, as soon as we got the iLok version of PODfarm, that license 'trumped' the gearbox one, and wouldn't let us use the upgraded models without removing the iLok, which we needed for other licenses. Since you can't delete iLok licenses, they gave us a free upgrade to PODfarm platinum.

Not sure if they'd still do it, as this was a year ago, but it's worth a shot!