POD Farm Noob question

abt

BT
Aug 1, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I want to buy POD farm to use with Pro Tools (RTAS/ilok config). But I was also wanting to use it stand alone. I was thinking of getting a POD GX for this.
I was also thinking of the metal shop add-on.

What's the best way to do it? I'm assuming that the ilok version and the version of POD Farm that ships with the GX are the same. Buy a GX and add the metal shop? Buy POD Farm platinum? Do you need metal shop if you go POD FARM Platinum?

Just get PodFarm Platinum man,
it includes all of the model packs, meaning you get every Line6 model ever in one handy plugin.

Its currently on sale for €89 here:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_pod_farm_platinum.htm

thats a crazy deal.

as for the whole Stand-Alone thing, is there any specific reason you want to run it like that?

Im just saying i don't see the point. I've had PodFarm on iLok for almost a year and I never miss the Stand-Alone option.
If I wanna just jam out I have a Logic project template saved with PodFarm set up ready to go.
and it's not like you'd gain anything in CPU or Latency by running it Stand-Alone.

Just a thought :)

Thanks guys. I like POD Farm Platinum but I thought the GX could be fun just to throw on my laptop when I'm out and about. Starting Pro Tools just to use POD Farm isn't much fun.