POD Farm 2 now avaialable for purchase

the sound improvement isnt much if you use it like the old pod farm
but now that you can stack everything, you can run a mic pre after the mic on the cab, and push the pre a little. it actually helps make the tone sweeter.

there's also infinite ability to be creative with guitar sounds.

we're already using it on the plea for purging record. some parts would be impossible to create without these new additions.

the sound improvement isnt much if you use it like the old pod farm
but now that you can stack everything, you can run a mic pre after the mic on the cab, and push the pre a little. it actually helps make the tone sweeter.

there's also infinite ability to be creative with guitar sounds.

we're already using it on the plea for purging record. some parts would be impossible to create without these new additions.

No new amp models, fuck sake.
I'm just sticking to the original POD Farm, not paying for the new one unless I really see some clips showing the potential of the new features

hm... actually stacking 2 instances of podfarm would be pretty similar solution and would cost 0 money..
its a cool idea to use a mic pre after the mic joey!
but that would definately be possible without buying pf2...

line 6 never fails to amaze me in what they sell as new products... same shit since 2000... still using podfarm though ;-)
(but not from now on since i have my axe fxxxxx now!!)

hm... actually stacking 2 instances of podfarm would be pretty similar solution and would cost 0 money..
its a cool idea to use a mic pre after the mic joey!
but that would definately be possible without buying pf2...

line 6 never fails to amaze me in what they sell as new products... same shit since 2000... still using podfarm though ;-)
(but not from now on since i have my axe fxxxxx now!!)

try and put two filters on the same amp

you can't, unless you have pod farm 2

also stacking two pod farms in protools hd = (about 6 milliseconds of latency)

i'll take pod farm 2 yes

and fuck me i need an LE rig for recording guitar.

It's cool that they're still updating this thing. I'd bite, but I never really use it with all the free amp sims out there. I find my clients get better and more realistic response with them, since they're attempting to actually model real tube amp tone. Since I always reamp out to real amps, it becomes a bit moot.

Agreed with Shane the echo on this is just insane, but if you have Echoboy that becomes a bit redundant too.

I don´t think people at Line6 are at the ampsim business with their PODxt technology anymore. It´s a mark. Even if they come up with something new/better they will keep selling this thing the way it is right now. I believe they see this suite like a finished amp, not as a software that can be upgraded. And it kind of makes sense, you know, many albums were made using it, it has a signature tone. It´s not like other ampsim suites like Revalver, Amplitube and Guitar Rig, that everytime that comes a new version, the last one becomes immediately obsolete/outdate and discontinued.

sorry to go off topic but

digidesign's eleven is really great sounding. anyone who says its not doesn't know how to sit in front of an amp and get a tone.

the mic and cab emulation is pretty true to the real thing. its also cool to have something to run the line 6 amps into (for cab replace), considering about 75% of your tone is what mic and cab selection you make...

Fuckers. :lol:

I went back to check, still $35 as a deal.

Yea - I have no idea why it seems to be free for some, but more for others. All I can say is what I've purchased and perhaps it plays a role in how much the upgrade is. I bought GearBox (it came with my GuitarPort harware when it was first released) and have upgraded at each opportunity, including when they finally released it as a VST plugin. I also purchased every model pack along the way and have been a long time subscriber to GuitarPort online - their guitar lesson community (I like the diversity of the lessons available and always liked how they do some great backing tracks to learn songs along with.) Not sure if that is why I got the offer to upgrade for free, but either way I now need to install it and give it a go around.

doesn't anybody else think it's bloody annoying that podfarm still automatically selectd a default cab + mic when you select an amp ?