Pod Studio and Pod Farm 2.5 question

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
WHen buying a pod studio, can you use the pod farm plugin without having to use the pod studio interface? Say I want to use my saffire pro instead of the pod studio as my sound card and DI, can I still have the pod studio plugged in to use just as a dongle and use the pod farm plugin with my saffire pro? I'd rather buy pod farm with the pod studio because it's the same price as just buying the plugin version. So I'm basically getting a free backup audio interface with it that way. But it would suck if I was forced to use the pod studio in order to use the pod farm plugin.
Also, if I just decide to buy the pod farm 2.5 hardware independant version, can I still buy model packs for it? On the line6 website when I list "computer" as my device for pod farm, it says "Your selected device is either not compatible with anything in this category, or already includes everything in this category." But at the same time under the list of compatible devices for the model packs, "computer" is one of them. So I'm confused on that. I don't see why using the Pod Farm 2.5 hardware independant plugin would not be compatible with the model packs.

I have a toneport DI as a dongle for podfarm (1 by the way, that's what I got with a promotion years ago)
So I can use podfarm as a plugin in logic using my DI+motu 8pre setup but, can't use it standalone for monitoring purposes since I don't have the toneport set up as input.
I got model packs for my podxt back then and they show on my podfarm so I can't comment on that.