POD Farm 2 now avaialable for purchase

Hmm..The Pod Farm "Elements" feature looks interesting (loading either just the amp or an effect etc) and will probably save a bit more cpu hopefully.
Since that is the only thing I use podfarm for at the moment and Pod Farm hogs my puter a bit too much(an old Ibanez TS10-> Pfarm only using amp tone->senderella> 3 mono tracks for with LeCab loaded with Recabinet for each channel impulses).

Used it here. All in all it´s just the same old shit with a different package, just like Line6 always do. I don´t think they should have charged for the upgrade, and unless you really enjoy the MIDI learn function (like I do) I can´t recommend it.

The main changes:

-New presets (some of them are actually usable!)
-More routing options for the dual tone
-You can change the chain as you like, and use more than one head and/or fx (many of the new patches are using a "mic pre" in the end of the chain)
-Slightly better GUI, with nice right-click menu shortcuts
-Better way to organize your presets
-The cab now is a separated element, so it´s easier to turn it off, change it or only use the cab without the head
-The "elements" let you load only one gear instead of the whole plugin/chain. I think it is nice.

And that´s it. No impulse loader, no tweaked amp sims, no new sounds, no new fx... It doesn´t even have the new PODx3 fx (not avaible for Toneport).

I jumped at the chance to get the free Pod Farm for iLok last year. Since then, I only use the Tube Tape Echo in it, 100% wet on an FX send in Cubase. It's great on vocals and keyboards, as well as lead and clean guitars. Line 6 has always made some of the best tape echo emulation for the price. It doesn't get any better than this unless you get a real analog tape echo or an expensive Eventide unit.

I'm considering the update, though, because some of my customers have been getting some incredible results with Pod Farm Platinum + Recabinet. Would be a cool time saver for some production work I'm doing for friends of mine.

Used it here. All in all it´s just the same old shit with a different package, just like Line6 always do. I don´t think they should have charged for the upgrade, and unless you really enjoy the MIDI learn function (like I do) I can´t recommend it.

The main changes:

-New presets (some of them are actually usable!)
-More routing options for the dual tone
-You can change the chain as you like, and use more than one head and/or fx (many of the new patches are using a "mic pre" in the end of the chain)
-Slightly better GUI, with nice right-click menu shortcuts
-Better way to organize your presets
-The cab now is a separated element, so it´s easier to turn it off, change it or only use the cab without the head
-The "elements" let you load only one gear instead of the whole plugin/chain. I think it is nice.

And that´s it. No impulse loader, no tweaked amp sims, no new sounds, no new fx... It doesn´t even have the new PODx3 fx (not avaible for Toneport).

So its a waste of time and money then :D

I bought my pod farm Ilok License 3rd party. I think thats why I cant get the discount on there site. Under my Licenses in my Line 6 account I only have the pod farm demo. Wonder if they will hook me up still?

I'm considering the update, though, because some of my customers have been getting some incredible results with Pod Farm Platinum + Recabinet. Would be a cool time saver for some production work I'm doing for friends of mine.

Yes... the combination yields some VERY good results! :)