Pod Farm Questions

Zak with OMG

Bringer of screams
Oct 11, 2009
Connersville, Indiana
Hey, so heres my ordeal. I have PodFarm....not the plugin. Just the stand alone program. I also have a Pod Xt. They arent working together at all. I cant get my Pod xt to sync with my Pod Farm Program. Now I read on a forum....from a guy who may be an idiot, but idk......that the Pod XT will only work with the PodFarm PLUGIN. Is this true? If so then im not really at a loss. I needed it for recording anyway's....but I'd still like to know.

podfarm standalone doesn't work at all with the xt, only the plugin version does. Also is there really a need for the stand alone to work as if its not for recording the pod is EXACTLY the same thing?

Im having the same problem kinda, got the free podfarm plug since I have the XT, but it wont work in standalone or VST...idk why.

Lemme know if you figure anything out and vice versa!

That´s weird. When I had a PODxt it worked with Gearbox stand-alone. Sold it before PODFarm was released, but maybe you can give Gearbox a try. They probably still have it for download on Line6 site.

podfarm standalone doesn't work at all with the xt, only the plugin version does. Also is there really a need for the stand alone to work as if its not for recording the pod is EXACTLY the same thing?

You get more latency while monitoring (for tracking DIs) through the plugin version than with the stand alone version, which is real-time.

Line 6 has confirmed themselves that only the plug in will work with the POD XTs/X3s.

@Narcossintese: Why would one be monitoring via POD Farm anyway if they owned a POD?
The whole idea is that you turn off internal monitoring in your DAW, set it to external (or off, as it effectively is) and monitor via the POD. Once you've tracked your DIs then you can apply POD Farm to it.

The stand alone has a few more amp models.......Thats it really. Plus I thought it'd be good...for me.....to play with it a little. BTW. Lets say i have my XT and the vst PodFarm. How does monitoring go.....what i really mean is.....How does using my pod xt work with the plugin......I have no idea.

You plug your POD into your computer and then it should work with the plug in.

The whole idea is that you turn off internal monitoring in your DAW, set it to external (or off, as it effectively is) and monitor via the POD. Once you've tracked your DIs then you can apply POD Farm to it.

This.

I use my PODxt Pro to monitor, with it hooked up via USB so I use GearBox to tweak settings and use the tuner, monitoring through the POD the whole time. Then once the DIs are tracked I apply PODfarm to the DI tracks with the same basic patch from my Pro and tweak as needed for scratch tone.

As far as it not working with the plug-in... dunno, I use the iLok version so...

So if you monitor out of the POD does that require two sets of studio monitors? or just a shitty set of speakers just so you can get the idea and not get discouraged..as a guitarist, I cant record a clean DI track and add post-distortion later..I HAVE to have no latency monitoring when recording guitar..and not just the dry track.

So if you monitor out of the POD does that require two sets of studio monitors? or just a shitty set of speakers just so you can get the idea and not get discouraged..as a guitarist, I cant record a clean DI track and add post-distortion later..I HAVE to have no latency monitoring when recording guitar..and not just the dry track.

HAHAHAHAHA......yes chase.

Two sets of monitors? No.

I have my XT Pro's output hooked up to my ProFire2626 via S/PDIF (just another audio connection) and I can hear it through my monitors while my DAW is playing back everything else in the project.

There's no reason to have two sets of monitors for this purpose - everything can come out of one set no problem. People do it all the time.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I swear, I am going to have to leave this forum again, soon.

I applaud all of you trying to help the POD/Slate crowd (No offense, the regulars know what I'm getting at. I use Slate drums for augmentation and PodFarm for monitoring while tracking, so...)

::slaps forehead::

I realize we all have to start somewhere but FOR FUCKS SAKES IT IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I applaud all of you trying to help the POD/Slate crowd (No offense, the regulars know what I'm getting at. I use Slate drums for augmentation and PodFarm for monitoring while tracking, so...)

I realize we all have to start somewhere but FOR FUCKS SAKES IT IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT.

seriously. i think as well having to figure that kind of stuff out prepares you better for other situations that come up and you want to understand why.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Agreed

I understand your sentiment, bro.

Only problem being, you WILL NEVER KNOW IT ALL. I mean, I'm assuming you know this.

The thing is, if you can't figure out something like this yourself via Google or logical reasoning, you are going to have a hell of a time running an efficient session.

Hell, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you're good a troubleshooting but just really lazy? =D

Cheers bro and good luck.

If you purchased POD Farm, it came with the POD Farm plug in, period.
If it doesn't exist then:

A: You deleted it off your computer
B: You haven't found it
C: You need to put it in your VST folder

Or a combo of all of the above.