Pod Farm sounds....weird?!

Jul 31, 2012
NJ/NY
Ok so a long time ago i bought a Line 6 Pod XT Pro. Later on, i bought pod farm because i wanted to switch from using the pod to the plugin. I installed all the add-on packs. Long story short, no matter what amp and cab combination i pick, i barely get a strong signal. Even if i crank the Gain button on the amp and crank the Tube screamer gain, it sounds like a "crunch" sound.

Could this result from having a very poor/weak guitar input signal? NO. i even tried to use pod farm on DI tracks that i've grabbed from this forum and still same thing.

I even tried taking the cab sim off in pod farm, and using an impulse to see if that had any effect. It did slightly but still didnt sound good enough to even attempt to mix it.

As of now, im just playing it safe with the pod, recording directly onto the track via spdif.

what can i do to fix pod farm though? i find it super annoying not being able to edit my guitar tone once i'm done recording it. help? thanks

Where have you got the input set for the plug-in? (top left corner)

What kind of settings have you got on the plug-in's global noise gate? (just below the input level)

do you get a normal signal with other plugins? maybe you have to turn it up there, no clue.

btw.-change the font in your signature from something different than Comic Sans, that font
is the devil!

^ it is a bug but I never heard of that workaround. If that doesn't work just uninstall and get the next oldest version of PODfarm and it will work.

You have to get rid of PODfarm on your computer completely, everything, then get 2.02 and install it fresh.

There are files that the uninstaller does not remove though, as I found out in my experience, and if you don't remove them then no matter what you do PODfarm will still sound like that. If you are on Mac I posted where to find the files in that thread I linked. If you are on Windows I am not sure where you can find the files.