Finally finished an old song with vocals

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
We finally finished the main vocals for our song Misplaced Experts. There's some harmony parts and some guitar parts that are not done yet, but they will be finished soon. Guitars and bass are 100% PODxt gearbox on this one and the drums are 100% EZdrummer Nashville. I wanted to keep the drums as natural sounding as possible. Anyway, hows the performance, balance and so forth?

Click here

Edit:

Remixed for 3rd time with Wagner VST and Gearbox for guitars, added some keys and some additional vocal parts at the end.

Very good song (again). This guy is really a good vocalist. I also love that snare sound, Slate isn't it? (edit: all ezdrummer, didn't read well)
The only thing I don't like is the sound of the kick, but that's personal taste.

In response to everyone:

Guitar model is the Diamondplate in the metal pack and its quadtracked. Each guitar has its own unique PODxt boost, i.e. one has a tubescreamer, one has a rat pedal, and the last 2 use the boost pre eq with different settings. Bass guitar is the Studio Tone model with the 8x10 cab sim.

Regarding the choruses, we're not done with the embellishments.

Vocal processing done with waves EQ, Waves, and Antress freeware compressors and Gearbox for the delay effects.

And last, there are no Slate samples on this one, its all EZdrummer Nashville.

I just remixed the song a little differently and used a trigger on the kick drum. All the other drums are still natural.

Splat, you are what keeps me motivated!!!!! I love this!!!! I mean this is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick questions.... is the POD XT or just the gearbox? and also when you mentioned the stomps were those real or sims?

and I love the drums!!!!!

Peace
Chaz

Can you share the patches for the guitars and bass? :worship:

I'm really :loco: not the brightest crayon in the box. Can you explain exactly how you set up the guitars and bass for each track? I read up above but not sure if I understood it correctly.

I hope you put a cd together soon!! I love this music.

And last, there are no Slate samples on this one, its all EZdrummer Nashville.

Great job as usual, and you've got to love EZX Nashville. My favorite.

For the song. The guitars are a bit larger than the rest of the song. nothing wrong with them, but they do transfer focus from a great vocal performance and a great song, to the guitars. Maybe a little lower/different EQ. Put the focus on the Vox, maybe compress the guitars to put them "behind".