Drumkit From Hell Superior sound test. How's this sound?

sounds great man!! I really like the kick and snare as well as the toms.

Hve you turned the kick off/down in the room mics? sounds really clean.

I also really like the toms...... sonar?

jamesboyd said:
sounds great man!! I really like the kick and snare as well as the toms.

Hve you turned the kick off/down in the room mics? sounds really clean.

I also really like the toms...... sonar?

Thanks! Actually, its the opposite. I exported a track with the ambient mics that have only the kick, snare and toms (no cymbals). That track is very compressed for sustain and brought way up in the mix. The close mics are compressed for attack. Its like invisible compression, I guess. Most of the meat in the drums is coming from the ambient mics. Then I reexported the ambient mics with the cymbals only and added that to another track.

Lefthander said:
Man_can u upload for another server place?

Filden.com is where it's at at least for MP3's.
Unlimited Bandwidth, 500MB of File hosting space, 10MB per file max size. 200+k/sec:headbang:

************* is cool too, same but 50MB max size. It's usually slower though, for me anyways.

Moonlapse said:
Sounds pretty good dude. My main qualm is that the cymbals sound a little washy and undefined, it's almost like there's absolutely no transients there.

Yeah, I squashed them up pretty good so they're consistent once all the guitars and bass come in.

Man, those drums sound meaty as fuck! You must share your eq'ing/plugs, also which kit you use and such. Share share share!! Haha. They sound awesome man.

~006

Nice one Splatt!

Again.. great sound, i can imagine it sounding wickedy wicked with guitars and bass on it....

And yeah, like 006 said, we would love to see how you obtained this sound bra! ;)