First power metal album of 2010 I enjoy

Seems like there is a lot of good progressive/power metal coming from the mediterranean rim(ie Italy, Israel, Greece, Turkey, Tunisia, Spain, France, Cyprus)

I'm not impressed with the singer's voice.

The accent is rather adorable, though.

...Maybe I'm losing my passion for power metal. Newer bands/albums fail to impress me of late. This is somewhat disappointing, given how much I loved almost every single Power Metal band I heard when I first got into this music. It's not that I think this band is bad (I don't!) but they just don't do anything for me. Of late, this has been the trend in power metal for me.

Thanks for the rec, though. I do like getting the chance to check out new bands.

...Maybe I'm losing my passion for power metal. Newer bands/albums fail to impress me of late. This is somewhat disappointing, given how much I loved almost every single Power Metal band I heard when I first got into this music. It's not that I think this band is bad (I don't!) but they just don't do anything for me. Of late, this has been the trend in power metal for me.

That's pretty normal ... there's only so much that can be done in a particular genre. After a while certain folks will just get sick of hearing the same stuff over and over again. The power releases that catch my ear these days are few and far between.

Britt

Got the first album in the mail yesterday! It is really good, love the vocals. Downloaded the new one "Tales of Tragedy" from iTunes, gonna give it a listen today, but the samples sound awesome.

The accent is rather adorable, though.

Thanks for the rec, though. I do like getting the chance to check out new bands.

I totally agree......I used to be a power metal fiend. Now I am getting less and less interested in new power metal bands. There still are some amazing releases and stuff but my taste have moved on.

I have the debut disc of Winters Verge and thought it was very bland. I think the vocals killed it for me.

Nor am I.

That's pretty normal ... there's only so much that can be done in a particular genre. After a while certain folks will just get sick of hearing the same stuff over and over again. The power releases that catch my ear these days are few and far between.
This. I find I still enjoy Power Metal, but tend to find I prefer older releases to new releases. Which is odd, as this is the only sub-genre for which this is true. I'm much more likely to reach for Tad Morose and Pyramaze than even those Power Metal releases that did make my Top of 2010 list.

If you think about it, it's not surprising that Power Metal is the first genre to begin feeling stale. It's one of the oldest genres of Metal and it's also the most straight forward.

Zod

Nor am I.

This. I find I still enjoy Power Metal, but tend to find I prefer older releases to new releases. Which is odd, as this is the only sub-genre for which this is true. I'm much more likely to reach for Tad Morose and Pyramaze than even those Power Metal releases that did make my Top of 2010 list.

Zod

I agree. I'd rather listen to vintage Tad Morose, Brainstorm and Edguy anyday instead of the newer stuff.

~Brian~

Oh, new Edguy is terrible. I miss the days of Mandrake and Hellfire club. There are a few bands I still enjoy, even when they put out new material - HammerFall, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray, but beyond that, it's just sort of like "meh" for me. But I'll keep checking stuff out, because I really never know what will really grab me at this point.

EdGuy is probably more enjoyable now than before. But after today I've realized that I really don't care for EdGuy and that Tobias just isn't the singer for me. But I do enjoy Advantasia.

Oh, new Edguy is terrible. I miss the days of Mandrake and Hellfire club.

Hmm, to me, those albums ARE new Edguy. Theater is where I draw the cut-off line. Mandrake is where the style updates really manifested for the first time, and have increased steadily since then. The four albums preceding Mandrake were all classic-mold power metal through and through.