First time using real amp with impulses(Randall RX120D)

The tone is a bit bloated sounding, and the guitars are throbbing with every palm mute. Too much compression on them, I suspect.

Good Job there!! ^^
I found the recording excellent, much more aggressive than the other attempts on "Rose Of Sharyn" I've confronted. See for yourselves; Same song with the stock overdrive of a CRATE TDP

You can trust me on this, I've owned/tried almost every Randall combo/head known to man, ranging from the 80's Irvine series all the way up to the latest RT's and what not.. the RX120D & RX120R (Digital Effects / Reverb) model heads are stunning. I love them for their price, simplicity, decent effects & excellent drive channel. The stock overdrive is just the amount you need to maintain clarity, for your playing to be heard in a band situation, and keep up brutally with any other high-end amp we know. You may kick it even harder with an external boost stompbox, or switch on the +10dB on your wireless transmitter, that's what I do & reduce my output via my guitar's potentiometer. Be heard though, these amps are very responsive to the pickups you use as the preamp is all analog. Try a very razorsharp high output pickup like the Tom Anderson HN3 or Seymour Duncan SH-13 with these heads, you will not regret it.

Here is my own additional demo video if anyone is interested in buying one of these;

I salute Randall for making this simple beauty! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: