First Upload for 2004!! Gorerotted Interview and 17 reviews!

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Might as well start the year off with a bang, so here's 17 new reviews and an interview.

INTERVIEW

GOREROTTED with Fluffy Ofalstench (by Chief B)

REVIEWS

ELENIUM - For Giving For Getting (Staff Pick of the Week)
THE LEGION - Unseen to Creation
NECRODEATH - Ton(e)s of Hate
JAG PANZER - Decade of the Nail Spiked Bat
MOONSPELL - The Antidote
DECEMBER - Praying Hoping Nothing
FLESHGRIND - Murder without End (NAD)
SINGLE BULLET THEORY - Route 666
SUNN 0))) - White1
TENEBRE - Electric Hellfire Kiss
THE KILL - EP
CABAL - Midian
LUNA AD NOCTUM - Dimness Profound
DEATHWITCH - Violence Blasphemy Sodomy
TIDFALL - Nucleus
EDENBEAST - Prozac Partysongs (Unsung Hero)
THREE BELOW - Blueprint (Unsung Hero)

This should keep you lot happy for a while. :D

:Spin:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Look at the logo! If you can’t read the band’s name, then you have yourself a winner.[/font]
:lol: Nice.

Wow. Edenbeast is really good. Sounds like Elenium and Fear Factory made sweet sweet gay love in the back of a '68 Dodge tour van sold to them by Iron Maiden.

That Gorerotted interview was great, I've wanted to pick that one up since seeing the tracklist though. "Can't Fit Her Limbs in the Fridge," oh man, that is funny!!!

sunn 0))) review:

NAD said:
White1 could very easily blend into the background of a cocktail party if played at low volume, and none of the guests would notice anything strange until they drove home and had the sudden urge to plow their car straight off a cliff.

:cool:

Attention NAD: Have you heard Khanate??? If you actually are able to tolerate Sunn 0))), AND you think it is enjoyable, you'll LOVE Khanate.

Also, an interesting side note. Sunn 0))) will be bring out White2 (I think that will be the name of it) soon, and it will have a really long song with Attila Csihar doing some totally evil chants throughout. Of course, I already have the song in question in my possession as we speak. It absolutely blows away anything Sunn 0))) has done before.

Check out Khanate, though, NAD. Have I ever lied to you before?

Great batch of reviews guys. Top notch work as usual. Just some real brief comments about a couple albums while I have a second:

NAD - You are dead on with your SBT review, you had me cracking up at times, but I still could not agree more. I do not understand the buzz that's beginning to circulate about these guys at all. Their singer really needs to listen to metal rather than partake in it. Their live shows are even worse than their studio material.

Papa J - That's a shame you couldn't get into the new Tidfall album, I really think it's a solid, atmospheric slice of modern black metal. Original? No, but I still think it's well done and and a worthwhile listen.

ChiefB - Just to clarify something regarding JP's Decade..., the band tried to obtain the full rights to re-release Ample Destruction and The Tyrants EP, however, for whatever reason one of the former band members, who has partial rights to the music, has blocked this move every step of the way. Since these releases are long out of print, and sought after by many JP fans, the band decided its only recourse was to re-record much of the material so that it could reach many of those fans that have not had a chance to hear or own the material. Don't worry though, the band is working on a new album as we speak, furthering the Mechanized Warfare sound. :Spin:

Ah, Tidfall. I sent that to PJ, not because it sucked, but because I was overloaded with promos, but anyway... It sucked. One glance at the tracklist and I was pretty certain it sucked. One listen, and I knew.

Black Winter Day said:
NAD: get. khanate. now.
@BWD - why not do a review for Khanate? As you know, we're not just reviewing promos and you own the new Khanate right?

I disagree a little with npearce - I think white1 is a lot more "tolerable" than Khanate (at least compared to the debut), and at times quite mesmerizing with its drone-like mantras (although I felt Runhild Gammelsaeter was a little underused, but then I was already spoiled with Thorr's Hammer).

Khanate on the other hand is a form of "anti-music", to 'insert noise where noise shouldn't be' kinda thing. It's perhaps the sounds you hear just before you die, whereas white1 might be the first sounds you hear as they begin to resuscitate your dying ass back to life.

@BWD - Yes, La Masquerade Infernale. One of the best reviews I've ever read.

@Dark One - Jeezus, SBT are making a buzz!? That's some annoying tripe! These kids noawadays... :D

@npearce - Yes, Khanate has been on the list for awhile. Soon enough.... soon enough....

Sunn 0))) is awesome, I really pissed off my stupid upstairs neighbor with that one night too, fucker shakes the whole apartment through my tiny ass speakers even. :Smokedev:

NAD said:
@Dark One - Jeezus, SBT are making a buzz!? That's some annoying tripe! These kids noawadays... :D
UGH!! Tell me about it. Of all the lame ass bands to make a buzz about. Can you believe I've acutually seen their new video on Headbangers Ball like 3 times already?!?! (As a side note, I even witnessed the singer getting kicked out of the Trocadero in Philly for fighting recently) Come on! There are bands out there that deserve 10 million times the exposure.

I'll never understand the mainstream I guess. That CD is just plain bad, I gave it many chances to find anything enjoyable about it too. Well, the double bass tone rules. :)

Acch, no. Not to these ears anyhow. That Mörk Gryning CD had some small Tool-ish moments, that's the only promo I can think of off the top o' me noggin.

JayKeeley said:
ELENIUM - For Giving For Getting (Staff Pick of the Week)
I just realized that JayKeeley has probably been waiting to give Elenium pick o' the week status since sending me the promo 2 months ago. :lol: