Flemming 'Razz' Rasmussen

Damian B

¯\(°_o)/¯
Nov 8, 2007
NC, USA
I had never really heard of him until now, but he has mixed some of my favorite records!

Metallia -
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice For All

Blind Guardian -
Nightfall in ME
Imaginations from the other side
The Forgotten Tales

Ensiferum -
Iron
Ensiferum

Does anyone know other albums he has mixed?

I had never really heard of him until now, but he has mixed some of my favorite records!

Metallia -
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice For All

Blind Guardian -
Nightfall in ME
Imaginations from the other side
The Forgotten Tales

Ensiferum -
Iron
Ensiferum

Does anyone know other albums he has mixed?

He recorded the Metallica albums. Didn't Michael Wagner mix them?

He did mix also one of the best sounding power metal album of all times, PRETTY MAIDS's "Scream", and mixed "Covenant" by Morbid Angel.

Would be a dream to work with such a Legend.

I think that this article is important to read
Metallica One Classic Tracks

"Bass Cadet

An entire 24-track machine was needed just for Lars Ulrich’s kit.

Newsted himself was less than happy with the results, later remarking, “The Justice album wasn’t something that really felt good for me, because you really can’t hear the bass.”
Flemming Rasmussen agrees: “It’s inaudible. Jason, Toby and I are probably the only people who know what the bass parts actually sounded like on that album, and that’s down to Lars and James. I didn’t mix Justice — Steve Thompson and Mike Barbiero were already hired to do that before I became involved with the project, and after Lars and James heard their initial mixes the first thing they said was, ‘Take the bass down so you can just hear it, and then once you’ve done that take it down a further 3dBs.’ I have no idea why they wanted that, but it was totally out of my hands, and I didn’t even know about it until the album had been released. When I heard it, I went, ‘What?’ I wasn’t too keen on it, either.”

Sorry to bring that up, Jeff, but didn't you say once that the bass guitar is an important part of the guitar sound on this album? Guess it's hard to argue with the producer of the album :)

BTW, can't exactly remember if it was you, but I thought so?!

Fuck, looked it up, seems like it was actually Genuis Gone Insane, so apologies for that!