Fleshgod Apocalypse

Oracles is probably my favorite brutal death album of last year

Fuck, you obviously havent heard enough brutal death metal, then.
Pretty much agreed with Logan. Theyre a fun listen once in awhile, but overall theyre a "meh" band. The new EP however, was quite pleasing to the ears.

lol, yea sure, if you say so.

Butthurt user detected.
Also @Krow: I found that one hard to get into. I appreciate the time and work it took to organize the full strings and shit, but I just could not get my ears to enjoy it. :S

That album is definitely harsh to the senses... that's why I like it, I think. I dont think I've ever been able to sit down and listen to the entire thing at once... it's overwhelming and weird.

The mix just doesnt feel right. Its definitely overwhelming, definitely one of those "acquired taste's".

That album is definitely harsh to the senses... that's why I like it, I think. I dont think I've ever been able to sit down and listen to the entire thing at once... it's overwhelming and weird.
very true.
same way with HoP
It's almost just a mush of blasting and guitars. no notes. just guitars.
When you can hear the cool guitars it's good stuff.
But I'd like to hear them with a say, Neil Kernon producing (Dude who's done the past couple Nile albums)
Maybe turn the drums down a bit

I like the clean vocals in the EP alot. Especially the ambiguity of the singer. You can never tell whether its a man or a woman, although it's probably a man.

very true.
same way with HoP
It's almost just a mush of blasting and guitars. no notes. just guitars.
When you can hear the cool guitars it's good stuff.
But I'd like to hear them with a say, Neil Kernon producing (Dude who's done the past couple Nile albums)
Maybe turn the drums down a bit

I think you may be confused, haha. He was referring to the band Scrambled Defuncts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oracles fucking rules and Fleshgod Apocalypse is one of the few tech. DM bands I can stand. The Mafia Ep on the other hand was somewhat of a letdown. And, with that, FA is done!

Oracles fucking rules and Fleshgod Apocalypse is one of the few tech. DM bands I can stand. The Mafia Ep on the other hand was somewhat of a letdown. And, with that, FA is done!

Hey, dont shut em out yet. Wait until the next full length, dude. Haha.