flibbaldy friznick...What???

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Come on guys we've got to come up with to talk about here.

I have access to a very shitty drummer (me) , and a very mediocre drum kit. I might be able to pound out some Ramones or something very simple. Anything, to get something done.

I thought about trying Breaking the law but I think it might be beyond my ability. :lol:

Save me from the politcal threads on the Maiden board please!!

yea...

what hapened to Medsy's drum volunteer work? Or HulkBlood? Or the guys using drum samples?

..so what exactly CAN you play Hyde? How about surfing with the alien by JS. I'm listeneing to it now...sounds like a pretty simple drum line...but heck..what do I know about drums? :cry:

That drum line is simple...but not for me.:lol: I'm limited to really basic stuff, really, really basic. Straight ahead stuff with very few fills.

The main beat to surfing isn't a problem at all but there are a few things here and there that I would probably screw up pretty bad.

I could probably play something similar to "It's a long way to the top" by Ac/dc. I tapped that in in real time on my keyboard on that version I posted before. It only had a couple of snare licks I think. Stuff like that I could probably pull off.

pssst....don't worry im still here. in the next week or two i plan on spending about 350 more bucks on recording gear. :eek: If possible, i wanted to get started after then. My drum tracks sound sound really sweet then. :cool: Be prepared for stereo drums; a crash cymbal in the right speaker, the hi-hats in the left...tom fills that pan from left to right....ahh yes, it will be good. :)

BUT.........but some of you need to post 1-3 songs you really want to do. By the time i get this new gear, I want to have all of them nailed.

So, everyone! ........post three songs you know you want to play. write them down, put em here, put them in your sig. i dont care. as long as I CAN SEE THEM, lol.

..i hope everyone can bear with me for a week or two.

later guys!

(P.S., heres a sample of what i should have when my reign of terror is over...)

overhead-no16c.jpg

Originally posted by rabies
Or the guys using drum samples?

I'm still waiting for Lee to e-mail me better samples to use. I think he's forgotten about the whole thing...

I have the drums for Breaking the Law waiting for the samples here...

How did you take the picture anyway? I just realized the logistics of it. I don't see your feet on your chair..so you couldn't have stood there and looked down...:p

Balcony above or something?

Cobra pedals. Aren't they what Virgil Donati uses? That sure looks like a nice kit. Do you have a static hi-hat (I think that's what they're called)? I couldn't see one there.
You have a lot of toms, too. I really like the sound of high toms; Mike Portnoy does some really nice stuff on the high toms on Images & Words, before he got into roto-toms so much.

Eddy, I haven't forgotten, it's just that I have had problems with any files I upload in any way for quite some time now. But, as if by biblical fortune, it was sorted today, so I can mail them to you now :)
I don't have access to a large mail box, so I'll probably need to send you several emails. be prepared to be bombarded!!

Lee

to answer rabies..i was doing a balancing act on a ledge behind the set, i had to pretty much hold the camera out a foot or so above my head, and just take a shot, lol.

100_0053-50.JPG

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Cobra pedals. Aren't they what Virgil Donati uses? That sure looks like a nice kit. Do you have a static hi-hat (I think that's what they're called)? I couldn't see one there.
You have a lot of toms, too. I really like the sound of high toms; Mike Portnoy does some really nice stuff on the high toms on Images & Words, before he got into roto-toms so much.

Yeah...i do like the iron cobras. They're one of the best, if not the best. Recently, however...i bought two of these...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...1177917143/search/g=home/detail/base_id/49846
..one of them was used, so i got a better deal than buying new. Hi hat...? Just a plain 'ol three legged guy... :p

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Eddy, I haven't forgotten, it's just that I have had problems with any files I upload in any way for quite some time now. But, as if by biblical fortune, it was sorted today, so I can mail them to you now :)
I don't have access to a large mail box, so I'll probably need to send you several emails. be prepared to be bombarded!!

Lee

ezzyk@mbnet.fi
Just send away!