Flick of the Switch - AC/DC

Gavin

Crikey
Apr 17, 2001
Why is Flick Of The Switch the least known AC/DC album when it is one of the best?

2 reasons;
Brian Johnson.
No hit single.

Valid reasons? Fuck no!
Great album! :headbang:

When I say Brain Johnson, I mean it as that many ACDC 'experts' seem to believe he sang the Back In Black album, Thunderstruck single - and nothing else!

That's only because of the way Australian bogans cling to the Bon Scott-era like creepers on the church wall. They need to get over themselves. Brian's been in AC/DC now for five times longer than Bon was and has made just as many albums. His voice went on him there for a while, but that was after "Flick of the Switch". Most dunderheads out there only know what they hear on the radio, and the only time I ever heard anything from "Flick" on the radio was went it first came out. They're all der-heads, I tells ya!

Flick of the switch is quite a rockin album, It's up in my acdc top 5.

to be completely honest, I prefer Brian Johnson over Bon Scott. Don't fear but, I'm still a bogan.

Flick of The Switch is my equal favourite AC/DC album along with Back In Black. It's awwwwesome!

It's so consistent, its just not a "hits" album. It's got killer attitude, grooves, heavy guitar sound, great choruses, everything... start to finish.

That groove in Nervous Shakedown just kicks your head in... and the Badlands has such a killer attitude "I'm a pistol packin' man with a gun in my haaand.."

:headbang:

Rising Power
This House Is On Fire
Flick The Switch
Nervous Shakedown
Landslide
Guns For Hire
Deep In The Hole
Bedlam In Belgium
Badlands

Gavin: So do I, has that extra bit of crunch on vinyl doesn't it! :headbang:

Yeah Spiff definitely not a singles album. But in my opinion, 8 out of those 10 tracks are up among AC/DC's best ever songs and the other 2 rock as well.