Flight of Icarus by We are the Fallen

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
This is pretty bad ass! The original guitarist and co-founder of Evanescence Ben Moody and the drummer and other guitarist of Evanescence formed a band called We are the Fallen. What do you think of their Icarus? I've seen Evanescence a while ago 4 times, and they rocked pretty damn hard every time! This is cool though. The singer is Carly Smithson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really loving their debut album. I think it would have been better if Amy Lee sang on it, but it's damn good! You can see how much Ben Moody added to the Evanescence album, Fallen song writing from listening to it. I think Carly Smithson has lots of potential.

I'm really loving their debut album. I think it would have been better if Amy Lee sang on it, but it's damn good! You can see how much Ben Moody added to the Evanescence album, Fallen song writing from listening to it. I think Carly Smithson has lots of potential.

Agree with you about Carly.She was one of my big favorites besides Brooke White on her season of American Idol.I am glad she is playing "metal".

Did you get the album yet?

What do you think of this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIRUO_jtYq8&feature=related[/ame]

I personally know the members of Evanescence and of We are The Fallen. That being said. That band and their agenda is pathetic as fuck. Ben is a great song writer, guitar player.. John isn't so much. Rocky is a great guy and decent drummer. But the fact they stick Carly up on stage and make her dress and act like Amy Lee on stage is just pathetic. I have never seen a band try to pretend they are another band so badly in my life.

I get it they are all pissed off they got fired from Evanescence (Except for Ben) but there will only be one Amy Lee and one Evanescence. Trying to blatantly copy them both in sound and looks is just straight out pathetic. These guys will never be taken seriously as a band. Once the new Evanescence comes out We Are The Fallen will find out in a big way that nobody really gives a shit about them and they are not going to even remotely dent the real Evanescence fan base.

We are The Fallen = Pathetic Evanescence rip offs.

Didn't even listen to the youtube video. I am sure it was good, she has a good voice. But have your own identity for crying out loud. Soooooo pathetic

Hey Mr. Negativity, before you take a trip to the darkside, if you actually listen to the music and watch the video, she isn't trying to sound like Amy Lee. Ben Moody was a big part of the song writing of Evanescence, and also was the guy who formed it, and since there are 3 members of the band in We Are the Fallen from Evanescence, obviously that is their sound, so it will sound liek the genre. How can they be trying to sound like another band when, well, they are the other band?

Hey Mr. Negativity, before you take a trip to the darkside, if you actually listen to the music and watch the video, she isn't trying to sound like Amy Lee. Ben Moody was a big part of the song writing of Evanescence, and also was the guy who formed it, and since there are 3 members of the band in We Are the Fallen from Evanescence, obviously that is their sound, so it will sound liek the genre. How can they be trying to sound like another band when, well, they are the other band?

I can't really talk about this. I personally know those guys and know their agenda. They are definitely trying to sound just like Evanescence and were definitely trying to make Carly look and sound like Amy Lee. Since they formed they have chilled out a bit on that aspect. But they would put her on stage wearing the exact same outfits Amy Lee would wear. They basically thought they could come out and all the Evanescence fans would take the as the new Evanescence but its not going to happen as they are finding out.

All of that being said I really like Rocky, I know him personally he is a great guy and just kind of goes with the flow. On this project it was John and Ben's big idea to do this. John is a douche bag on a personal level and since he got canned from Evanescence he has been doing what ever he can to try and stay relevent but it's not going to work. Ben will always have stuff to do as he writes music for many pop bands to keep him busy

Rocky plays guitar in Living Sacrifice which is one of the best extreme christian metal bands out there.

Why does everyone on this site claim they know every band. I find it hard to believe these guys from Arkansas are your buddies and you are all in on their musical conspiracy and you got all the inside knowledge. Seriously man, liek they even know who you are. And even if they did know who you are, I am sure they did not tell you their plan to copy another band.

Prove to me you know them personally.

Next you're going to tell me you actually met The Iron Maidens and even know Kirsten personally. Oh, and Linda signed your an autograph too, right? I'm so sure.

But anyway, who cares. The music rocks! It's good. Why would I care about their personal lives. And anyway, 3 of the members are from Evanescence so it is obvious they would sound like th emusic they play. I don't get what the big deal is. If Adrian Smith, Steve Harris and Dave Murray formed a band with a different singer would they not sound lie Maiden?

Why does everyone on this site claim they know every band. I find it hard to believe these guys from Arkansas are your buddies and you are all in on their musical conspiracy and you got all the inside knowledge. Seriously man, liek they even know who you are. And even if they did know who you are, I am sure they did not tell you their plan to copy another band.

Prove to me you know them personally.

Next you're going to tell me you actually met The Iron Maidens and even know Kirsten personally. Oh, and Linda signed your an autograph too, right? I'm so sure.

But anyway, who cares. The music rocks! It's good. Why would I care about their personal lives. And anyway, 3 of the members are from Evanescence so it is obvious they would sound like th emusic they play. I don't get what the big deal is. If Adrian Smith, Steve Harris and Dave Murray formed a band with a different singer would they not sound lie Maiden?

I don't have to prove that I know those guys. I could if I wanted to. But I am not going to get involved in this. I have already said a bit more than I should have. If you knew the real story behind the entire thing you would have a different opinion thats all I will say.

I have actually never met Kristen nor do I know the Iron Maidens on a personal level. But yes I have met them before. It is not too hard to meet them if you go to one of their shows. I have never seen them live since that bitch asia kim was the singer. I followed the Maidens from their very first show at the Galaxy back when Jenny was the singer. I liked that line up the best so far. I wasn't too much into Asia kim and got tired of her. (though i haven't seen the new line up) I have seen them at least 6 or 7 times since then just not since Kristen as become the singer (Though I really want to)

The album rocks and is very interesting! I don't know anything better these days!

IronMaidenFan, no way! You can't meet The Iron Maidens. That's impossible! Noone has ever seen them off stage. You really took what Is aid seriously?

Look man, you sound a little ridiculous claiming you know them personally and they have told you about their inside conspiracy. And why you calling my ex-girlfriend, Aja a bitch?

Evanescence was started by Ben Moody. Evanescence takes 5 years between albums to come out with a new album and tour. If their fans want to enjoy We Are The Fallen until that happens then so what? It doesn't make sense to think that they have a plan to take all the fans as if you can only pick which of the bands to listen to. Why can't they listen to both bands? You really don't make a whole lot of sense.

ironmaiden09, you really need to come to a Maidens show. You're obviously way overdue. :D

Yeah, normally we have body doubles impersonating us after the shows so that we can retire in peace to the stretch limo with the hot tub roof. So, it's true, no one has ever met us before. :lol:

It is my dream to one day go to Amelica and meet the Iron Maidens! Maybe I can win a backstage pass from a radio contest. My dream is to have Kirsten sign my right butt cheek and Linda sign my left. Then sort coke off of of Courtney's lower back.

I know one day it will happen. It's just gotta!

The album rocks and is very interesting! I don't know anything better these days!

IronMaidenFan, no way! You can't meet The Iron Maidens. That's impossible! Noone has ever seen them off stage. You really took what Is aid seriously?

Look man, you sound a little ridiculous claiming you know them personally and they have told you about their inside conspiracy. And why you calling my ex-girlfriend, Aja a bitch?

Evanescence was started by Ben Moody. Evanescence takes 5 years between albums to come out with a new album and tour. If their fans want to enjoy We Are The Fallen until that happens then so what? It doesn't make sense to think that they have a plan to take all the fans as if you can only pick which of the bands to listen to. Why can't they listen to both bands? You really don't make a whole lot of sense.

I will have to check it out!

Ah, it's not a fight. I think we can resolve it if we just honor this quote from Frank Zappa:

"MUSIC IS THE BEST!"