Flight of The Icarus

IcedMadness

STRONGER THAN DEATH
May 27, 2002
Ventura, CA
Visit site
I was rocking out to this song the other day and said, "Damn, imagine if Dio were to cover this song." I noticed that there were some parts where Bruce sounded very similar to Dio and thought of how cool it would be to hear Dio cover that song. Dio has the range and the power to cover any Maiden song, but this one just seems like it would be more of a song that Dio would want to cover than the rest. Just some thing that I noticed and thought I'd share with you guys.

That does sound pretty cool...to hear DIO do this song. It's got that DIO feel for sure. On the flip side, how about hearing Bruce sing Holy Diver? It'd be cool to have a tribute album of sorts where all the great vocalists could do takes on each other's songs...here's an example of some I think would be cool

Rob Halford doing GNR's YOU COULD BE MINE
King Diamond doing Alice Cooper's WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE
or even King Diamond doing DIO's LAST IN LINE!

just a few more ideas...

'Flight Of Icarus' is the song that turn me into METAL. I born again because of that song, and as much as I can respect Dio, I refuse to hear anything but the original with Bruce 'Air Raid Siren' Dickinson. It was the best of times, it was all that was good about Iron Maiden and classic metal.

I want to walk tall to my grave singing, on your way like and eagle fly and touch the sun, yeah!:headbang: :worship:

IcedMadness said:
I was rocking out to this song the other day and said, "Damn, imagine if Dio were to cover this song." I noticed that there were some parts where Bruce sounded very similar to Dio and thought of how cool it would be to hear Dio cover that song. Dio has the range and the power to cover any Maiden song, but this one just seems like it would be more of a song that Dio would want to cover than the rest. Just some thing that I noticed and thought I'd share with you guys.
I don't know if Dio still has the range to do that or not, but back in the day, he would have done a fine job with it. Though the two don't really sing that similarly, they would probably kick ass working on a tribute CD for each other respectively.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
'Flight Of Icarus' is the song that turn me into METAL. I born again because of that song, and as much as I can respect Dio, I refuse to hear anything but the original with Bruce 'Air Raid Siren' Dickinson.

Hmmm... I don't know. When you reach the levels of eliteness both Ronnie and Bruce have attained, it's all a matter of personal taste as there really are only a handful in that class as vocalists. While I am not particularly a fan of covers, if there was a vocalist I would want to hear cover Dickenson, Ronnie would be on that very short list.

Bryant

actually i think Dio could pull that song off well even now. last year i saw motorhead, dio, and iron maiden in san antonio and all three of those singers sound exactly the same live as they do on cds recorded twenty years ago. dio sang "the mob rules" and "holy diver" exactly as they sounded way back then

poltergeist said:
actually i think Dio could pull that song off well even now. last year i saw motorhead, dio, and iron maiden in san antonio and all three of those singers sound exactly the same live as they do on cds recorded twenty years ago. dio sang "the mob rules" and "holy diver" exactly as they sounded way back then
I saw them in Irvine, CA and SCREAM FOR ME Long Beach!!!! last year and was blown away with Dio's voice too! He was ON and that man has some stamina!! I'd love to hear him do something with Dickinson. :headbang:

Doodoobubbachuck said:
I saw them in Irvine, CA and SCREAM FOR ME Long Beach!!!! last year and was blown away with Dio's voice too! He was ON and that man has some stamina!! I'd love to hear him do something with Dickinson. :headbang:

Dios voice really is amazing. It always makes me laugh tho because ive seen his shows before and he is so much shorter than the rest of the band members. he cant be much more than five feet tall i dont see how that sound comes out of someone whose so short and old. his shows kick royal ass tho.