Flo mounier interviewed in a not music related T.V. show

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
I was watching T.V. this afternoon and while switching channels I thought I recognised someone, then I switched back and I saw Flo Mounier being interviewed in a T.V. show about really skilled people. The show is called Adrenalin and they interviewed Flo because he was one of the fastest drummer on earth. We got to see some clips of a Cryptopsy show ( we saw Flo most of the time of course ) which is funny considering the fact that this show is broadcasted on Radio-Canada just before supper time ( which means more people watching ). Flo talked about tricks he has to get his speed and what he does to keep being that fast. It's cool that he got some recognition from people who never listened to any metal.

I listened to his drum solo on the None So Live album about a hundred times and I just can't figure out why people worship him.

AsModEe said:
I was watching T.V. this afternoon and while switching channels I thought I recognised someone, then I switched back and I saw Flo Mounier being interviewed in a T.V. show about really skilled people. The show is called Adrenalin and they interviewed Flo because he was one of the fastest drummer on earth. We got to see some clips of a Cryptopsy show ( we saw Flo most of the time of course ) which is funny considering the fact that this show is broadcasted on Radio-Canada just before supper time ( which means more people watching ). Flo talked about tricks he has to get his speed and what he does to keep being that fast. It's cool that he got some recognition from people who never listened to any metal.
OMG I hope I can watch it today
headbob.gif

Chasm said:
I listened to his drum solo on the None So Live album about a hundred times and I just can't figure out why people worship him.
Exactly. Anyone who thinks that 'solo' was spectacular or even remotely good needs to listen to some better drummers. His feet are amazingly fast, but his handwork is pretty weak, and I for one think his style is really messy-sounding anyway.

Chasm said:
That solo is ATROCIOUS but he does some nifty little things on actual songs.

I saw that TV show... They lowered the volume and we barely could hear anything ! All they said was : he's fast, you might get earache, the music is bad, he spoke 2 min.

andrew_plamondon said:
I saw that TV show... They lowered the volume and we barely could hear anything ! All they said was : he's fast, you might get earache, the music is bad, he spoke 2 min.
Oh well, I hope they play the re-run on RDI this week

Did they really say the music is bad??? I don't remember hearing something like this... if they said that they are really idiots... well... I don't like cryptopsy, but I won't say they're doing bad music. They did say that you might get earache lol.

AsModEe said:
Did they really say the music is bad??? I don't remember hearing something like this... if they said that they are really idiots... well... I don't like cryptopsy, but I won't say they're doing bad music. They did say that you might get earache lol.
J'ai jamais eu mal a tete a cause de Cryptopsy
sleepy.gif

Spirit In Black said:
exactly....who gives a fuck about drum solos?

Flo does obviously. I say if he knew it was being recorded for a live album, he should of shown off his skill more and made it alot less sloppy sounding.

And I don't think his drumming is that great even on the studio albums. Yeah, he's fast and all that, but damn, the dude is overrated as hell.

Derek Roddy and Tim Yeung are probably the most oustanding extreme metal drummers around today.

Derek Roddy is a dude who can pull off an amazing solo....although his studio drumming is stylistically quite boring, I think that is more a fault of the kinds of bands he plays in. Kinda like Time Yueng actually. Weird that.

Proscriptor, Andyan Gorust, and THE dude who pulls-off that crazy messy-as-feck style best, Jordan Varela. Bow-down Flo.

Chasm said:
Flo does obviously. I say if he knew it was being recorded for a live album, he should of shown off his skill more and made it alot less sloppy sounding.

And I don't think his drumming is that great even on the studio albums. Yeah, he's fast and all that, but damn, the dude is overrated as hell.

Derek Roddy and Tim Yeung are probably the most oustanding extreme metal drummers around today.
John Longstreth is better. :kickass:

Some people just can't drum-solo. In retrospect, I'm a lazy-ass drummer with no knowledge of rhyhtm or beats. I solo like a motherfucker. I sound ten times better than I am. Soloing means nothing.

That said, Flo is overrated and quite simplistic and predictable at times(I can play a lot of his stuff). His work is still nothing short of amazing, though. Just not "the best" as many say.