Florida: We Are Going

Jeff, you are coming. You of all people are in a prime position to go. Those strippers are not going to tip themselves, we need you down there with us!

I can afford my ticket as early as 10/31 or any time after that.

So far I am pretty sure it's just Jeff, Chuck, Bear, myself

Nu Nai might be in as well as Doty. After Halloween is good for me too Vince. Shall we order our tickets all at once? Maybe have a Florida Vacation Conference at Doty's or at Chap's?

I would like to order them all at once... so we are all on the same flight.

Yeah tonight I saw Milk and he sounded like he was down.

We should try to talk to Jon!

I assume so. I read over the Nashville obituaries everyday I have not seen his name yet.

I'll try to get in touch with him. We were supposed to try to meet up with him this month but it all fell apart mostly due to financial issues and what have you. If he can't come to Florida we should schedule a meet up with him in February or March.

Ok so I am pretty hellbent on buying tickets either this coming Halloween weekend or two weeks from then (I get paid every other week).

So can we try to get a final head count, departure date, etc? I wanna try to have us all on the same flight. And I need to be clear that if people expect me to buy tickets for them I need the money BEFORE I purchase the tickets. No offense. But if I end up spending $20 for eggs at the diner, I am not willing to take my chances with something this expensive.

So the only people I know that really wanna go so far is Jeff, Bear, Chuck, myself. I am gonna try to get a hold of Jon.

Is this it? Bear, since you are an experienced ticket buyer would you rather us give you the money?

Jeff is auto-nominated for rental car duty since he will be the oldest and will thus get the cheapest rate.

So far I think this is it. Like I said earlier in this thread, I'd like to get a night together so that we can discuss this in detail. Would this weekend work for everyone? As far as buying tickets, yeah, just give me the money and I will purchase them. What we need now is dates and a plan regarding the rental car and hotel.

I vote for leaving here on the 4th or 5th and returning home on the 11th.

Bear I can give you money on Friday or around there. Let me know how much the tickets are.

Jeff should book the car since he is the oldest. I asked him about it and he agreed. We can try to reserve a car once we know for sure we have the tickets.

As for a hotel, I want to stay at the magesty for obvious reasons, but I am open to suggestions. We should probably shoot for a cheap, divey kind of place. As long as I can walk to a convenience store, and I am not an hour from the beach, I don't really care how shitty the hotel is.

This weekend I'm not sure whats up - Friday is halloween, and then saturday there is a shit ton of stuff happening. Mike's show, Nick's party. Plus I gotta work til like 4:30 Saturday. Sunday I will prob be around for a chunk of the day before or after practice. And Friday I am off so I could meet up at any time, but I figured with halloween maybe people would be busy.

Texting Jon now.

Ok so I am pretty hellbent on buying tickets either this coming Halloween weekend or two weeks from then (I get paid every other week).

So can we try to get a final head count, departure date, etc? I wanna try to have us all on the same flight. And I need to be clear that if people expect me to buy tickets for them I need the money BEFORE I purchase the tickets. No offense. But if I end up spending $20 for eggs at the diner, I am not willing to take my chances with something this expensive.

So the only people I know that really wanna go so far is Jeff, Bear, Chuck, myself. I am gonna try to get a hold of Jon.

Is this it? Bear, since you are an experienced ticket buyer would you rather us give you the money?

Jeff is auto-nominated for rental car duty since he will be the oldest and will thus get the cheapest rate.

I bet your $20 eggs were better than my $20 burger, because at least you got to eat your food...

So I made an epic fail...

MLK day is the 19th. I was looking at an 08 calendar, my bad.

So in reality, the best days for me would actually be the 11th to the 18th (this is also a payweek which is an added perk).

So since we didn't buy tickets or nothing yet, if it's at all possible, it would greatly benefit me to go those dates instead of the ones originally mentioned earlier in this thread. I understand if the plans are already set though. I know Jeff does not have to worry about work or nothing, so really, it's kind of your call, Bear. If we can push things back a week, great, if not, I'll suck it up.

So what is the situation with hotels? Can mamma bear hook it up? Once we have the weeks solidified and the plain tickets are in hand, Jeff and I can check out car rentals.

Momma bear should be able to hook us up. As a matter of fact, with the economy being so shitty, we should be able to get a hell of deal. As far as the dates that's fine with me. I'll just change the days I took off. Like I said before, I'd like all of us or atleast most of us to get together to really hammer shit out.

My proposal:

All concerned parties meet at base this weekend. Work out the kinks.

We purchase tickets the following weekend (11/28-29).

YO! Let's get on these tickets this weekend, can we?! You think we could meet up at base on Saturday or Sunday and iron shit out? I wanna make sure I have time in between ticket purchase and leaving to save a few bucks.

You're the second asshole to use that line on me this week.

And no offense to you or the other guy but not only am I only younger by mere months, but I am more mature than the two of you put together!