Floyd ROse/Kahler????

doesnt the jackson KV2 use those? or at least used to?

the licensed floyd on my NJ BC Rich blows. i like the new ibanez ZR trem on my S470 way better

Kahler owning floyd? Err...Some will argue either way, but the Floyd Rose is HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended. It stays in tune, has great response, and tone. The kahler is an awesome trem, dont get me wrong, but unless its installed right, and taken care of, you'll hate it. It feels so wussy if you dont have the heavy springs installed on it, and its easy to snap the ends of strings, so rule out heavy whammy bar work *although look at Slayer....hmm*. If a guitar has already been routed for a Floyd, then dont bother putting a Kahler on it. Bottom line, unless it comes with a Kahler trem on it, don't bother. It kills the resale too. I love Kahlers just as much as I do floyds. I use to have 3 custom shop KV's...2 had floyds, 1 had a kahler. I never used the Kahler... I just acted as if it were a stop bar guitar. MUCH more simple and efficient. Just go with Floyd dude...you wont be happier...

your question has already been answered but anyways, i think Kahler flatmount is kinda difficult to install and disturbs the tuning stability plus its very heavy. Its not reliable and wears out very fast.
But there are some advantages, kahler is almost like a bigsby. Personally i feel Kahler is decent for normal light style, while the Floyd is better for the more aggresive style. I personally prefer floyd although kahler looks very sleek. check out mustain's signature guitar