Floyd, Zeppelin, Purple, Sabbath .... the titans of rock - our rock heritage ....

Give grandad a hug

• Total voters
Lord_Of_This_World said:
i cant say anyting about pink floyd cause i never really got into them, but sabbath and zeppelin will always be an inspiration.
no one had ever done it like zeppelin.

having sung zeppelins praises i must say i got hold of a VERY rare recording of a blues jam featuring both jimmy page and jaco pastorius, jaco blew him away, jimmy page couldnt keep up and jaco made him sound like a piece of shit.

I own almost all Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin albums and spin them regularly. And I don't have anything from Deep Purple or Black Sabbath. Maybe that'll change soon...

contrary to what most of you say, i like almost anything from the late 60s and 70s...sabbath, zeppelin, camel, purple, doors, yes, caravan, acdc, rush, eloy, king crimson, etc etc...most of the music from today sounds like shit when compared to these. and funny this thread comes up, im about to form a rock n roll band here with a few friends of mine.

does anybody like Genesis?

I just got their "Selling England by the Pound" and am quite pleased with it!
Don't you think they also belong in the list of rock titans?

i listen to old stuff pretty much, naturally floyd, zeppelin, purple and sabbath. clapton, bowie, alice cooper, velvet underground, crosby stills nash and many others. I like those guys. I only have born in the usa from springsteen and i like it. I think hes an important figure for american rock. After all, hes the boss.

Best... wise words there. I love a bit of bowie myself. Infact I dont listen to much modern music.

If anyone has ever heard of tangerine dream I was watching Legend the other day and discovered that all the music off that film was done by them.

excellent film

I love Zeppelin and Pink Floyd,got into music with Sabbath which I dont listen very much nowadays but still rock my world.And I like some King Crimson stuff too