FMR AUDIO RNC 1773?

I have the RNLA and I love it. Really colored indeed. I wouldn't mind having a RNC as well for cleaner stuff.
Truth is hardware compressors are alive.o_O

You have two choices to hook it up.

External pre x out--- in x Comp x out---in x Inerface (compressing on the way in)

or

Interface x out---in x Comp x out---in x Interface

I have the RNLA and I love it. Really colored indeed. I wouldn't mind having a RNC as well for cleaner stuff.
Truth is hardware compressors are alive.o_O

You have two choices to hook it up.

External pre x out--- in x Comp x out---in x Inerface (compressing on the way in)

or

Interface x out---in x Comp x out---in x Interface

Second one sounds like the way I want to use it. Will I have to rerecord my tracks to use RNC on different channels and does that cause a noticeable loss of quality?

Quality will be fine if your converters are fine. Phase will be mangled a bit but that's about it. Use good quality short cables.

Quality will be fine if your converters are fine. Phase will be mangled a bit but that's about it. Use good quality short cables.

I use good cables on all of my stuff. All my equiptment is connected with balanced cables but I need to use unbalanced for this unit, right? I still don't get if I have to hook it up with 4 or 2 cables to my interface.

To my knowledge thazt won't make any difference, you can use balanced cables with unbalanced units (I do), but they must be short.

well my mackie has inserts desgined for like a master bus compressor on it so i got Mic > mackie 1200F 1 > insert RNC > mackie return chan 1 >

so i am pretty much going

mic > mackie pre > rnc > mackie convert