Focusrite's new VRM technology

You need a VRM supported Focusrite model. I bought one but Saffire 24 without DSP. At the forum I was adviced that is not a great feature. But I wish I bought the VRM model. You can use fx as a stand alone too. :(

its basically impulse responses... i wonder if its really a good idea to mix through a static eq curve with headphones...
of course its way more realistic mixing that way with headphones due to crosstalk but i honestly doubt that there is a 100% flat headphone...
i actually tried something like that a while ago with a program like izoone (or similar, forgot)...
the results were horrible. switched back to my opals in a less than optimal room that i know.

Watching that video I am seriously not impressed. For a start, NS10's don't have that much low end. And I really don't fancy listening through a room impulse aswell.

I would MUCH rather just A/B to a reference mix.

You need a VRM supported Focusrite model. I bought one but Saffire 24 without DSP. At the forum I was adviced that is not a great feature. But I wish I bought the VRM model. You can use fx as a stand alone too. :(

I have the regular Saffire with the DSP.. it wasnt worth the extra cash(Horrible sounding plugins.).

I use Izone pro when I'm using headphones. If you set it well you can get a closer sound to monitors. I like that software. And the man that make that plugins is an awsome developer. If I'm right he worked in Philips.