Foley stuff and movie overdub (work in progress)

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
Hi guys,

I know a lot of you don't do any film stuff, but some of you might be interested. We got this excercise at uni and wanted to share my work so far with uguise:

What you need to do is to load this video below, pause it, mute it and make sure it's rewinded to the beginning. Then download this soundfile and put it to your favourite mp3 player software and press play: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/tipi_limpbizkit.mp3 (~4mb). Do note that you might have to turn the volume up quite a bit, it's not hyper maximizer compressed music. When you hear the vacuum cleaner in there (around 00:04-00:05), press play on the video instantly. If the light turning on is in sync, you're good to go. (to make the viewing more enjoyable, put the youtube video full screen)

---

This is going to be a surround mix (will be doing it on PTHD, I did this so far at home with Cubase) and other stuff, it currently has only the "about there" levels and elements (and missing some of them too). No mixing, panning or automation involved yet and I've only done the first 2 minutes, going to do it up till the band starts to play, so total of ~3 minutes.

I recorded majority of the special effects and foley sounds (54 tracks already), the ones that I didn't record are: car crash, one of the glass breaking sounds, woman screaming, wind chimes, sex sounds and record stop. And all the music. Otherwise I did everything myself, foley style. Especially making the explosions was cool :)

Last edited by a moderator: