• Football players are not paid too much

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I am an ardent football enthusiast

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I hate football

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Sep 25, 2001
I think the game is way overrated and the players are overpaid. What do you think?

i think you should go fuck yourself:p football is great (we are talking about soccer/football not that american shit right?
we owe a lot to football, it something that each week millions of people go to see around the world, players and transfers are ridiculous, to stop that cup competitions like the champions league need to reduce the amount of money they give to teams, thats why wages etc are so large, because the money at stake.

Yeah I am talking about soccer. (American football is even dumber....kick the crap out of the opponent and get paid for it :D )

I thought so that they are paid that kind of money because of the millions watching and what you said holds water but I don't understand what everyone is so excited about. The game is shallow, two or three players out (rarely more) of twenty two are really involved at any given time and you're lucky if your team scores within the whole game. Bloody boring.

And look at the hooliganism it induces. Here in Croatia cases like the following are no exceptions: Hajduk Split was playing against Dinamo Zagreb in Zagreb. Dinamo lost and it's supporters smashed everything in sight that had Split license plates on it. They also stoned Hajduk's tour bus and demolished it. Geez.

"I am an ardent football enthusiast"

of course the players are overpaid, but i didn't vote for that because i prefer that it's the players who take the money ... look the money manipulated by soccer ... the TVs channels have to pay thousands of millions dollars for the next world cup ... and it should be worse in 2006 ...
if the players don't touche the money, all will go for the ruling classes of soccer (i don't have the vocabulary to explain better my point sorry)

For me football is life...
I adore soccer...
Last night I watched real madrid-deportivo match and believe me watching zidane,figo and raul was unbelieveble...
I remember barcelona-atletico madrid ,barcelona-mallorca and last year's uefa cup final liverpool-alaves...Argghhh incredible matches..
Did you watch them 403??
If you haven't watched you can't understand what soccer gives us ,the fans...
It's like heroin for me...I am addicted...I am always in a search for a great match...
This isn't all...
The other side is playing soccer...
Arrgghh it can't be told it should be lived...
I LOVE FOOTBALL...

Of course playing it is a bit better (but not much) since you get to stretch a bit and run and feel the "team spirit" etc etc

But watching...... I watched a lot of games throughout my life and, I don't know, I find it a bit boring. OK sometimes you get to see a great manoeuvre or a great shot, but it's usually very rare in a game.

Oh well...

it's rare ?
look a game of the Real Madrid, with the Science of the Game and the technique of Zidane, the genious of Raoùl, Morientes, the free kicks of Roberto Carlos (i am still amazed by the one he scored against France in 1997, a free kick from about 40 meter which everybody thought it was go outside, but at the last time, the ball had so much effect that the ball changed of direction and went directly in the goal ... Barthez didn't move at all, he had almost the mouth and the eyes big opened, as he didn't understood at all what happened)

oh, and if you saw the goals from Monaco yesterday against Paris (we lost 1-2 :(), you wouldn't say things like that ... they are both impressive, especially the seconds, from Gallardo, who is recovering his skill (bad news for England who will play against Argentina in the World Cup)
even if the french championship sucks now (all the good french players play in other championship where they are better paid), football is still here very enjoyable, very interesting ... and i like to be in the kop and sing, and insult the referee and the others players

Originally posted by aegis
(i am still amazed by the one he scored against France in 1997, a free kick from about 40 meter which everybody thought it was go outside, but at the last time, the ball had so much effect that the ball changed of direction and went directly in the goal ... Barthez didn't move at all, he had almost the mouth and the eyes big opened, as he didn't understood at all what happened)

MAHUAAHUAUHAHUAHU
Yeah I remember that goal...He scored one unbelieveble goal after that one too..A "volley" near to the corner flag that went in!!!
And I think every league is in a different characteristic...
Italian league is very boring because of hard defences...
France league has a lot of nice and incredible goals...
English league is the best to be watched..Because the ball is always in the game...The game is so fast...And it can change if you are beating the opposite side 3-0 for example..And lose the game...
And spanish league is a mixture of all three I think...

Anyway...It changes from people to people...I like football and you don't...It never changes the reality...
FOOTBAAAALLL RUUULLEEEEEEZZZZZZZ...!!!! eiheie

Originally posted by aegis
it's rare ?
look a game of the Real Madrid, with the Science of the Game and the technique of Zidane, the genious of Raoùl, Morientes, the free kicks of Roberto Carlos (i am still amazed by the one he scored against France in 1997, a free kick from about 40 meter which everybody thought it was go outside, but at the last time, the ball had so much effect that the ball changed of direction and went directly in the goal ... Barthez didn't move at all, he had almost the mouth and the eyes big opened, as he didn't understood at all what happened)

oh, and if you saw the goals from Monaco yesterday against Paris (we lost 1-2 :(), you wouldn't say things like that ... they are both impressive, especially the seconds, from Gallardo, who is recovering his skill (bad news for England who will play against Argentina in the World Cup)
even if the french championship sucks now (all the good french players play in other championship where they are better paid), football is still here very enjoyable, very interesting ... and i like to be in the kop and sing, and insult the referee and the others players

My english eh? I meant that in 90 minutes of the game only 5 minutes let's say goes to brilliant manouevres and goals, the rest is running around kicking aimlessly and cursing the judge :D

Originally posted by BARBARIAN
France league has a lot of nice and incredible goals...

right, but the league became very weak (the weakest of the 5 big europeans league - you forgot germany) since everytime a good player is formed, he goes to a big club in Spain/Italy/England ...
next to leave France should be Mexes (18 years old and already pretending to a place in central defense of France) and Cissé (20 years old, he should become soon better as Henry or Owen me thinks) ... and now we send ridiculous teams in europeans competitions, because everytime a team makes a good season, it lost their best players ... so Sedan, Troyes, Lille (which depends only of his coach who is a real tyrant, when he will leave next year, i think Lille will find back his level in the end of the table) are actually better as Paris or Marseille :(.
Nantes and Auxerre (who are the two best training center in the world) make good seasons (they are frequently european, sometimes champion) when they have a good generation ... and the year after, they fight to don't go down in second division ...
we desperatly need a team able to be regular (Lyon could be that one, but Lyon is cursed and can't win anything :p)

English league is the best to be watched..Because the ball is always in the game...The game is so fast...And it can change if you are beating the opposite side 3-0 for example..And lose the game... ...

if i wanted to backbite, i would say the level of the english defenses is very very bad :)

And spanish league is a mixture of all three I think...

Undoubtly the best league ... the technical capacities of the latin soccer and the will to produce game ...i dream to go to the Camp Nou or Santiago Bernabeu

Originally posted by 403

My english eh? I meant that in 90 minutes of the game only 5 minutes let's say goes to brilliant manouevres and goals, the rest is running around kicking aimlessly and cursing the judge :D

hmm, what's wrong with kicking aimlessly ... one of my favorites players is Cyril Rool (Bastia, then Monaco) and his speciality is to kick aimlessly the others players :lol:

and cursing the judge is very important, but you forgot the insults to the others players.
Whistling Dugarry (one of the last world champion who stays in France) became a national sport here :)

Yeah I know Cissé and he is performing very well...
About the defences in english league you are right but it makes the game even more nice to be watched...That's why the match's score can change very quickly...
You may mention another leagues that are weak in defence but the difference between english league will be the players' quality...
Ehmm...I don't like german league too much...But watching big teams like Bayern Munich and Dortmund or leverkusen is good...

Anyway...I suggest you to watch the higlights of the games,403...
So you can have the chance to watch the important times of the match...;) :)

yesterday i watched 3 English FA Cup games, and a bit of the Barcelona Vs Zaragoza match, i would have seen it all only Man U Vs Villa was on the same time. anyway ive seen like 2 matches a day since i got sky sports the other week. oh and Arsenal are gonna win the premiership!!!!!!!!

anyway i hate people that say its pointless etc. shut up. people say that about metal etc and i find it annoying, i hate fox hunting but it isnt pointless, its obviously fun to them otherwise they wouldnt do it.