For Andy Snizzeap - Polishing a Turd?

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
I know that you remixed Enemies of Reality. The original EOR was a turd - the mix was just downright awful. Your remixed version was, for lack of a better descriptor, Super Titty.

That EOR remix is proof that you can take a turd and make it sound like a golden egg shat out by some type of magical duck.

Not that I'm asking for any studio secrets or such rubbish, but does the majority of your time mixing or remixing involve burying yourself in ProTools and using more plugins that God? Tweaking EQ, Pan, Automation all day every day for about 3 weeks straight? You check your mixes on various sets of monitors? I realize your ear was god gifted, but I'm just curious if ALL of the work is ProTools and plugins...

You are THE guy right now, imo. Your work is top class and your results are mind blowing. I must give you props, my son.

I'm thinking Andy did what he could with the EoR mix, given the small timeframe he had to work with. It came out as a decent remix (miles ahead of the original) but you still have to realize that the sound of 'This Godless Endeavour' completely blows it all out of the water.

You can polish a turd to a degree, and Andy definately did it well. But when it comes to tracking from scratch, he just does it all that much better.