For anyone who thought power metal couldn't be offensive...(perhaps old)

I don't think that my heritage is superior to others. Everything you said up until that point is pretty much what I was getting at. I just think it's stupid that our high schools and colleges can have "Latin Pride Month" or something like that but when a white guy simply says he has pride in his heritage it is automatically racist.

I think you're taking it a bit too far. You also have to consider that "White Pride" sounds a bit.... odd. There are many white people in this world with extremely different backgrounds. As a person with a lot of Scottish & English descent, do I really relate much to white people in Germany, Poland, Sweden etc? Because by saying I have white pride, I'm including them Which is why everyone focuses more on their birth heritage. As in American, Irish, Scottish, African, and yes, Latin.
The term "white power" really has absolutely nothing to do with pride. Pride isn't meant as "I'm better than you." I've never once been told I can't be proud of who I am and where I come from.

I got one that won't be offensive. How about Prog Power? Oh wait! That's taken already! :p

-Kev

Proud supporter of Nerd and Prog Power! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Lyrically I just thought it was stupid.... But the visuals were more disturbing...

So I have come to the conclusion that these idiots need to lose their nuts...

EUNUCH POWER!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Appreciating your heritage is one thing, but the White Power deal is not just about "pride," it's about supremacy or superiority. The video itself does not necessarily have a violent agenda, but the ideology behind it has been adopted by many individuals and organizations that DO have a violent agenda. That, in turn, is far more serious than some inherent "heritage pride" or whatnot.

And whoa, about this Prussian Blue thing. That IS scary.

Very well put...There is nothing wrong with having ethnic pride at its face. It becomes a problem when one race considers or proclaims itself as being superior to all other races. Seriously, it's an old but valid argument. People need to be judged by the content of their character not by the color of the their skin. You will find every type of person, from every walk of life and background from every and all race.

In regards to the politics, racism, etc. in this song, I couldn't care less. Most of us have listened to bands who have written about war, death, gore, rape, Satan, God, the fall of God, the fall of Satan, Norse uprisings (church burnings and all that), etc. etc. etc, all of which are horribly offensive to a variety of people all over the world. The lyrics in this song affect me as much as those I just mentioned, which is not at all. Anyway, like the original poster said, it's a catchy song. The only thing I see wrong with it is that the main guitar solo was a tad unspectacular, lol - I was wanting more.

Edit: Changed "could care less" to "couldn't care less" ... oh well, whatever

I saw Colbet on Conan tonight and he was describing the difference between North and South Carolina and how it was basically about different Barbecue.

"There's racist barbecue and non-racist barbecue. The racist barbecue...you can taste the racism. It's a little tangier." - Stephen Colbert, on the differences between North Carolina barbecue and South Carolina barbecue, on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

It made me think of this thread. :)

I support Nerd Power too, got my vote.

True white power = Kotex!

I'll stick with my skullet. :lol:
Skullets rock!!!:headbang:
SR_worcester02.jpg
:headbang: