For anyone who thought power metal couldn't be offensive...(perhaps old)

If there could be racist rap, it would have to be Black Power rap. I don't want to think too far into this, but wouldn't it be counterintuitive to the "White Power" cause to use a black form of music in protest? I don't want to even think of a funny analogy for this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of rap is like that already. Which is why I don't listen to it.

I don't see what's so wrong about this (besides maybe the singers hair). Whether you're black, mexican, or even white, there's nothing wrong with having pride in your race. If they're proud to be white, then good...they should be. Just as blacks should be proud of being black, and so on. At least they're not singing about killing other races or anything, which is more than I can say for a lot of rap. There's a good handful of that shit where the lyrics are about killing white people.

Whether you're black, mexican, or even white, there's nothing wrong with having pride in your race.

Yes there is something wrong with it. They didn't determine their race. They had no say at all what race they would be. So any pride is misplaced.

"Wooooo, let's hear it for the circumstances of my birth!"

Of course, this does mean that the only person who is entitled to feel proud to be white is... Michael Jackson.

I had seen this before and I am not sure where. They may have sent me a friend invite on myspace. It is ridiculous. Even if I was a "white power" type of guy ( and I am not, I am hispanic) I would shy away from that band just because of how stupid they are and sound. :ill:

I like what Jim lotfp said above. Nice point. :headbang:

As to the comment from the sexy party person about nothing being wrong with it and you should be proud of your race.......I am proud of my race and all but that dosn't mean I am going to support brujera.:)

I honestly don't see how someone can live a healthy life without being proud of who they are. It doesn't matter that heritage isn't something you can choose...I personally think it's messed up if you can't take pride in it.

This isn't directed towards anyone in paticular and yeah, it's going to sound harsh, but anyone who has the nerve to tell me that I'm a bad person for being proud of my heritage can suck shit.

I honestly don't see how someone can live a healthy life without being proud of who they are. It doesn't matter that heritage isn't something you can choose...I personally think it's messed up if you can't take pride in it.

This isn't directed towards anyone in paticular and yeah, it's going to sound harsh, but anyone who has the nerve to tell me that I'm a bad person for being proud of my heritage can suck shit.

Although a bit uncouth, I have to agree with the essence of what you're saying. I also find it ironic that some people think that killing someone because you disagree with their politics or personal philosophy is somehow better and more moral than having pride in one's heritage. Also, these guys aren't skinheads, but they probably should be...a buzz cut would be less embarassing.

Other than that...I really don't know why these guys thought a video was a good idea. Its pretty poor propaganda to show everyone how much you try to look like a vintage Bob Seger...but balding...and combed over... My favorite moments in the video are the "white pride" master volume climbing to 10 of its own jerky accord, and the bass solo. Leni Riefenstahl, eat your heart out.

Did anyone else notice the photograph of "Prussian Blue" in the video? Now THAT is some scary shit.

hts-thumb.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Blue_%28duo)

Appreciating your heritage is one thing, but the White Power deal is not just about "pride," it's about supremacy or superiority. The video itself does not necessarily have a violent agenda, but the ideology behind it has been adopted by many individuals and organizations that DO have a violent agenda. That, in turn, is far more serious than some inherent "heritage pride" or whatnot.

And whoa, about this Prussian Blue thing. That IS scary.

Yes there is something wrong with it. They didn't determine their race. They had no say at all what race they would be. So any pride is misplaced.

"Wooooo, let's hear it for the circumstances of my birth!"

Of course, this does mean that the only person who is entitled to feel proud to be white is... Michael Jackson.
Well put! And that part about Michael Jackson...:lol:

Also, I looked up the definitions of the word pride.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pride&x=0&y=0

If one were to be proud of their race in these following ways, then it is definitely wrong.

"1. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

6. the best of a group, class, society, etc.: This bull is the pride of the herd.

9. Literary. splendor, magnificence, or pomp.

14. pride and joy, someone or something cherished, valued, or enjoyed above all others: Their new grandchild is their pride and joy."

If someone is proud of their race to the point of believing that his or her race is more important or superior, best of the races, is pompous about it, and values their race above all others, that person is a racist and unwise. I've found that all races and ethnicities have people that are good or bad (and every shade of grey in between), smart or dumb, talented or untalented, etc...so there is no way that one race could be better than others. To think otherwise is to place a generalizing template upon people, based on what you have seen others of that race or ethnicity do, instead of looking at them as an individual.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are as an individual person. You may be a very talented or gifted person at something, so being proud of that to the point of confidence and not arrogance is healthy. To celebrate and learn about one's heritage is fine too. But, to be prideful of yourself to the point of thinking that you're superior, because you're of a particular race or ethnicity or nationality, is wrong. And if you believe that your heritage is better than others, then tell us why.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are as an individual person. You may be a very talented or gifted person at something, so being proud of that to the point of confidence and not arrogance is healthy. To celebrate and learn about one's heritage is fine too. But, to be prideful of yourself to the point of thinking that you're superior, because you're of a particular race or ethnicity or nationality, is wrong. And if you believe that your heritage is better than others, then tell us why.

I don't think that my heritage is superior to others. Everything you said up until that point is pretty much what I was getting at. I just think it's stupid that our high schools and colleges can have "Latin Pride Month" or something like that but when a white guy simply says he has pride in his heritage it is automatically racist.

I'm against any kind of extremism: white power, black power, religious, unreligious, political, sports or music.

Ergo, I didn't waste my time checking it out ;)

NP: Thrasher - 'Hot And Heavy'

While I don't agree with the message, I'll defend their right to their opinion. I can only control what I think, not what others think. However, if someone were to tell me that my brother shouldn't date his black girlfriend, they'd get punched square in the face.

Personally, I think it's great that people like this only want to stick to their own kind. It keeps them the hell away from me, and if we're lucky all these white supremacists will eventually inbreed themselves out of existence.

~C

I don't think that my heritage is superior to others. Everything you said up until that point is pretty much what I was getting at. I just think it's stupid that our high schools and colleges can have "Latin Pride Month" or something like that but when a white guy simply says he has pride in his heritage it is automatically racist.
Ok. And you're right that some people are duplicitous about that. Fortunately, not everyone is like that. For example, a Jamaican guy I work with asked me the other week, if I was going to the Scottish festival, that weekend. He isn't Scottish and neither am I, but I know that I've checked it out once before, and he's gone to those a lot over the years himself and has fun.