for avi:

chupe666

You may enter up to 25 ch
Apr 11, 2002
Where you live
www.chupetunes.com
wedding reception caterer today: "You brew beer at home? Cool! Yeah, I think we can make an exception and have you supply that."

me: "Awesome!"

caterer: "We'll still have to charge you a corking fee though."

ok, half the battle was won. but i get to have homebrew at the wedding, which i never thought would happen with this place- we only had a handful of catering choices with the reception site we went with, and this had the best food. but they're kind of stingy about the alcohol (because that's obviously where they make their money- $2.75 a beer, $20 a wine bottle).

okay, this thread is more for me than avi.

see, this is why I went with having the wedding/reception at my dads. no caterers to mess with, no darn corkage fees.
I actually still have a couple wine bottles left from the stuff we bought to serve.

yeah, we probably would've gone with something smaller/do-it-yourself if we'd picked a different venue that didn't have an "approved caterer" list you couldn't stray from. it's a lot less hassle on the event day (like for keeping the beer cool, the wine & food served, etc.), but you pay for it. i don't think i trust our families to help with that stuff. they're all loose cannons.

totally understood.
we were only serving buffet-style foods, most of which didn't need to be heated and could be eaten by hand or maybe a fork. we thought about hiring a server, but decided to just make sure our food didn't require it.