For Metal Church Fans!!!!!!!!!!

It is great news because the band needed a new singer after Ronny Munroe left.

However, one point of criticism about the announcement is that Jeff Plate's quote comes off as rather disrespectful to both Ronny Munroe and David Wayne.

It is great news because the band needed a new singer after Ronny Munroe left.

However, one point of criticism about the announcement is that Jeff Plate's quote comes off as rather disrespectful to both Ronny Munroe and David Wayne.

I agree, that came off extremely disrespectful. However, I can't lie...im looking forward to hearing what they come up with.

Saw Metal Church once I think in 1995, it was good. Didn't know who the singer was. This press release is flooded with PR bullshit, though.

I've seen Metal Church twice. Once in 1991 on the Operation Rock And Roll tour and last year in a small club in Chicago. I enjoyed both performances. I thought Ronny Munroe did a fine job, but since he decided to leave and David Wayne isn't an option, Mike Howe is the best choice...as long as he's really into it.

Nice! I still have an operation rock and roll cassette lol

I tried getting into Metal Church without Howe, I have to admit I didn't really like it. With Wayne and especially not with Ronnie.

I don't know why there is such a lack of appreciation for Ronny Munroe's time with the band. I found the four albums he cut with Metal Church to be outstanding.

The only album I own is The Human Factor and I love it, never bothered hearing any of their other stuff though (I'm stubborn I know!) I guess it's time for me to rediscover this band!:kickass:

The only album I own is The Human Factor and I love it, never bothered hearing any of their other stuff though (I'm stubborn I know!) I guess it's time for me to rediscover this band!:kickass:

Start with the first two and go from there.

The older stuff is more thrashy. Blessing in Disguise and Hanging in the Balance both have Howe on vox. With blessing being more thrashy. I'm sure you'll like those. The earlier stuff has different vox but still badass. Spotify has them.

Don't think I've ever heard there stuff,only reason I've heard the name before is the guitarist filled in for hetfield when he burnt his arm,is that correct?

Don't think I've ever heard there stuff,only reason I've heard the name before is the guitarist filled in for hetfield when he burnt his arm,is that correct?

His name is John Marshall. He filled in two times: when Hetfield broke his wrist skateboarding, and when he burnt his arm.

I don't know why there is such a lack of appreciation for Ronny Munroe's time with the band. I found the four albums he cut with Metal Church to be outstanding.

I'm not sure I can really help with that. And I'm one of those who didn't get into them during those years. There isn't anything really wrong with him. I just didn't feel the band during those years. In some respects when I heard Ronnie it felt like the went backwards, to a sound that felt dated, nothing to do with the style of music, just the vocal style . Mike Howe has some real venom in his voice that I don't get from Ronnie. This is only my feeling. I'm absolutely not trying to start an argument. With Mike Howe I feel and hear a monster of a band and without I kind of feel like they were almost a B level band. I don't know if I'm really explaining myself right. And like I said I hope I'm not offending anyone.

I'm not sure I can really help with that. And I'm one of those who didn't get into them during those years. There isn't anything really wrong with him. I just didn't feel the band during those years. In some respects when I heard Ronnie it felt like the went backwards, to a sound that felt dated, nothing to do with the style of music, just the vocal style . Mike Howe has some real venom in his voice that I don't get from Ronnie. This is only my feeling. I'm absolutely not trying to start an argument. With Mike Howe I feel and hear a monster of a band and without I kind of feel like they were almost a B level band. I don't know if I'm really explaining myself right. And like I said I hope I'm not offending anyone.

Preferring one singer for Metal Church over another won't offend anyone here. Preferring one singer for Anthrax over another is a different story...