For Nad

Dec 5, 2002
Dallas
QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE's HOMME Reunites With KYUSS Singer In L.A. - Dec. 21, 2005 MTV.com is reporting that John Garcia, singer of QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE frontman Josh Homme's previous troupe KYUSS, joined QOTSA on stage for three songs from their influential hard-rock band's catalog as part of an encore that capped an already surprise-filled night on Tuesday (Dec. 21) at the Wiltern LG in Los Angeles.

"Now I want to play you something really old," Homme announced after returning to the stage following the main-set closer, "A Song for the Dead".

With guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen, bassist Alain Johannes, keyboardist Natasha Shneider and drummer Joey Castillo doing their best to keep up, Homme and Garcia ripped into "Thumb", off their 1992 desert-rock masterpiece "Blues for the Red Sun"; "Hurricane", from their '95 swan song "And the Circus Leaves Town"; and the slow-jam fan favorite "Supa Scoopa and Mighty Scoop". Homme was all smiles as he dug into the forgotten low-end riffs — most of which he wrote in his teens — and the acerbic Garcia was on his best behavior, turning his back to the crowd at junctures where he'd usually give them the finger.

Read the complete review at MTV.com.

whoops, i just posted a thread on this. :loco:

i found out yesterday afternoon from Mrs. Garcia, but the tickets were long gone and i didn't want to take a chance on scalpers. i hope this leads to a further reunion, but if not hopefully a bootleg will show up.