For real fans of style

ColdDarkNord

www.bragin.cz
Jun 1, 2001
Kralupy nad Vltavou, Czech
www.bragin.cz
Khhh-Khhh-Khhh (damned, catched the cold in holland)

Ok, we got new Anathema's album and w8 for new Opeth and Katatonia stuff... so how we can kill the time? We can listen clones!!! Stuff which can help us in this:
Lacrimas Profundere: "Burning A Wish" - Good Anathema clone
Autumnblaze: "Bleak" - KATATONIA CLONE!!!
Paragon of Beauty: "Comfort me, infinity" - TOTAL KATATONIA CLONE!!!

Original stuff:
Tenhi: "airut:ciwi" - Nice MCD, for all fans of style!
:Of the Wand and the Moon "Emptiness:Emptiness:Emptiness" - Very melancholic dark-gothic (do not look at CD art -cover, its not a black/pagan metal)

Hmm, and strange thing, 4 from 5 bands from Prophecy Production... Maybe some Katatonia's icons on the walls in their office???

I just picked up a great Kat clone a few days ago, by a band called Veil Of Sorrow. Very much like a more up-tempo version of 'Discouraged Ones', with stronger vocals (stronger in the sense of louder/non-selfconcious-goth-type, not as in 'better' ;) ).
Thought it lacked depth when I first listened to it, but must say now that it's bloody good, some great vocal melodies and emotion, with the katatonia-trademark chugging guitars and stuff. I bought the new Tritania at the same time, I haven't even listened to it yet, can't get the other thing out of my stereo.

LOL...i have to say i know Martin of Prophecy Productions pretty good, and....yeah, he is really a great fan of Katatonia.
But Paragon of Beauty a Katatonia Clone??? I really don't think so.

I disagree slightly with the Autumnblaze one. They have a bleaker atmosphere that Katatonia all round, much more down musically. They do a similar things but darker.

10x godz they do not copy katatonia...
Its linguistic question about word "clone" then and its a big difference between "copy" and "clone". Listen Rotten Dregs "life: Unreal", they copying early Sodom / Sepultura in mid '90th / Sentenced (vocal 1 in 1). And now listen Madrigal "I die, You Soart" music inspired by late Anathema/Katatonia and even Paradise Lost, but its what I call like clone... CD is good for sure

*laughs a bit*
Ok ok, know what you mean I guess. But what do you expect? Maybe every metalband should be playing more like Katatonia to become one of OUR favorites, hehehe....

Well, seriously, I think you are right so far that a lot of people here that like Katatonia really might love Paragon of Beauty and Atumnblaze as well, and you guys should give it a try. If someone's interested, have a look at the website of prophecy-productions.
www.prophecyproductions.de

...or if you like older Katatonia check out Blazing Eternity.
Don't know if they been mentioned before as i'm new here...

-Dave

Yes...allthough i don't think the next album will be as good...not without Kim (the songwriter on the previous albums) and the two other members who left. At a concert a couple of months ago (i'm from Denmark) they played two new songs...which wasn't that impressive...
Have you heard The Loveless, which is the new band of the three members that left Saturnus?
www.theloveless.dk

-Dave

The Loveless album is one of my most anticipated albums of the year. Kim was kind enough to swap demos with me, so I've had their 3 song demo in full-quality for a while (same songs that you can grab from their web site). Any fan of newer Katatonia will definitely enjoy The Loveless.

And I agree, the main founders/song-writters of Saturnus have left, so I really don't see Saturnus as the same band at all anymore. Actually Kim wrote quite a lengthy message on his web site about how he feels that these other guys just came in, began playing songs he wrote (live) and took over the band name and all. I know a couple members (such as the vocalist) are left, but I really feel it's fucked up to continue playing songs someone else has written when they ask you not to. So this is another reason why I now look to The Loveless for more quality music from this bunch, since I don't see Saturnus as the same band anymore.

I also have the demo in cd-quality...got it from a friend of mine who works for their label (euphonius records). But i also know Kim... :)

I'm definately also looking forward to the album...i have heard some of the songs live and also some demo-versions of some of the other songs thats going to be on the album...and i think it's going to be a damn good album...

-Dave