For the first time, I will miss a Katatonia US Tour

Jinn

Saint
May 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida USA
After catching Katatonia on both previous tours in Houston Texas [even got backstage credentials and scored an interview with Anders and Jonas... as well as an autographed Jhva Elohim Meth CD], I am going to miss their 2010 Tour. I live in Florida now :cry:

I can't hit up the Atlanta Georgia show because my schedule doesn't allow me to travel.

wat do??

The Georgia date would be closer to Florida btw. Since I lived in Houston for over 12 years, yea, I have friends there. The point is my schedule doesn't allow it. My university is very VERY strict on attendance. If I miss 2 days [inevitable] I could fail a semester.

The Georgia date would be closer to Florida btw. Since I lived in Houston for over 12 years, yea, I have friends there. The point is my schedule doesn't allow it. My university is very VERY strict on attendance. If I miss 2 days [inevitable] I could fail a semester.

Yeah, the reason I'm not going to the Atlanta gig is that it's a Monday, so realistically I'd have to miss 2 days of work (I'm about a 5 hour drive from there). However, with Houston being on a Saturday, you could get a direct flight from Orlando and be there in under 2 hours, mans. You don't have school on the weekend, do you?

Fuck school. Follow Katatonia.

Both can be done. Fuck man, I worked full time while going to grad school full time and still managed to travel all across the States to see Katatonia, Agalloch, Emperor, My Bloody Valentine, and who knows who else.

These tour dates where announced something like four months ago. Anyone who really cared and was not a self-defeating sadsack could have saved money/planned ahead of time and would have had ample opportunity to make arrangements to squeeze a show or two into their schedule, even if it meant flying somewhere.

In closing... cry me a fucking river.

yea...I agree with el' capitan 69.
Im gettin out 3 times to see them. Im a father of a 16 month old whose wife is in drug rehab, Im doing 16 credits this semester, and I work. A friend put it in perspective for me while I was momentarily debating going to a 3d show. It didnt take much for me to realize that going to see Katatonia is important to me. I dont take vacations, or do cool shit with my money because I have so many responsibilities. It feels really good to have something more important than responsibility...
I know I cant say "fuck my life Im following Katatonia around the world!" but I can say "seeing Katatonia is important to me and I am willing to inconvenience myself, without completely fucking myself over, to have an experience that makes all the bullshit in life seem worth it.

so yea...fuck yo school...fuck yo responsibility...fuck yo couch!
;):D

Yeah, the reason I'm not going to the Atlanta gig is that it's a Monday, so realistically I'd have to miss 2 days of work (I'm about a 5 hour drive from there). However, with Houston being on a Saturday, you could get a direct flight from Orlando and be there in under 2 hours, mans. You don't have school on the weekend, do you?

Actually, I could very well have school on the weekend. That aside, I wouldn't be able to afford the round trip ticket whereas I would be able to split the road trip to Georgia with another buddy who wants to go.

These tour dates where announced something like four months ago. Anyone who really cared and was not a self-defeating sadsack could have saved money/planned ahead of time and would have had ample opportunity to make arrangements to squeeze a show or two into their schedule, even if it meant flying somewhere.

In closing... cry me a fucking river.

Unfortunately, my semesters go month to month, and I don't know my october semester schedule until September 30th. Therefore, there is no planning ahead.

michaeljacksoneatspopcorn.gif

did you fail to read everything after that sentence? douche?

.... .... .... ...

... .... ... .. kinda .... ..hard .... to ... make .... out ... what ..ye..r. ..sayin... ..

but ... seriously ...
send ... bro ... here ... his..damn... shirt.

..........!!!

and ... if it makes you feel any better I too have ... an infant whose wife is in rehab. ... they grow up so fast .... :)