for the iPhone users ...

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
Yeah, a little shameless self-promotion here, but so what? Glenn told me it was okay, so all who don't agree can go suck it, bwahahaha :))))

Anyway, to the purpose of this post:

One of my clients (no, not Intromental related, something else) has created this awesome "database" called GotoAID where people can find all kinds of information on what to do if you break your leg, gets bitten by a spider or snake, suffer from gunshot, have hyperthermia or whatnot. Very comprehensive online database.

A few months ago he launched an iPhone version of it, which has been very well received. The cool thing is that it works even without internet connection, can connect you directly to a doctor, can guide you through roadmaps to nearest hospital etc.

Now, this week we've launched the LITE (free!) version of the iPhone application, and we're trying to get a little buzz going on it. So, all iPhone users, please go download the free LITE version and check it out.

Here's the link:
http://www.gotoaid.com/iphone/

Cheers,
Claus

Heard about applications such as this (and maybe this one) saving peoples' lives. Downloading.

If only the application automatically tweeted your condition. "User nailz has been inflicted with gunshot. Remedy found: go to the fucking ER, stupid."

I can see how it would be useful though, say, for guiding someone through a procedure on an injured person.

Also, dev for Android before RIM. :p

I would be more interested if it had more things for people, and ZERO "emergencies" for dogs and cats. Especially if the full version takes up lots of local storage for those things. Maybe consider multiple apps. The cat freaks alone would probably download a ton of them if they thing it would save their little Mittens.