For the Photographers

DarkNoise

Grotesque Butchery Rabbit
So I'm gonna be buying a digital camera soon, any thoughts?

I was thinking of making these stipulations/must haves:
3.2MP (preferably 5+)
10x Optical Zoom (preferably SLR)
Proprietary rechargable battery pack (I hate AA's)
As manual as possible.

As a side note, my 35mm got demolished when I set it down and some fucking kid (i never could find out who) sat down on it hard and broke the whole thing.... $600 fucking down the tubes...

Whatever you do, READ REVIEWS on it, making sure the batteries are good, and there arent any complaints on it.

Was looking around for cameras myself, and saw a few good ones, but then people that had bought it gave it bad rating because the picture was worthless, ....and so on.

Just make sure you're buying a good one.

i would recomend a 5 mega pixles. you're asking for 2, the pics are gonna comput horrible...i use a 3.3, and my pictures are pretty good....but i regret not getting a 5.

as for the batteries, buy a battery recharger and rechargable batteries....over time, these batteries become unable to recharge very much, so you have to buy new ones.....so why waste money on a camera that recharges batteries for u?

as for an SLR digital camera....very good idea...i have been thinking about getting one...you can definatly find something good...

now, just go to a store, try it out...if you really like it, dont buy it...take the name down...go online and look it up....you can probably find some cheap deals

I use the Nikon D100. All my old Nikon lenses work on it, great quality pix. Only down side is that it's not totally accurate with regular film slr focal lenths. In other words.... when i use a 20mm lens, it looks more like i'm using a 35mm. Shit is closer than it should be. But not a really big deal.