For them photographers here

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
Ok, I've been wanting to buy a used camera (no digi) for a sometime now to be used for multiple purposes (perhaps gigs, but mostly portraits, cover designs and stuff, I want to experiment with it on different situations). Just to get me a new hobby and something to do.

Erm, there's this finnish online auction place I've been thinking to get one from. Now I don't have too much money to use for it, hence aiming for the used ones.

Quickly browsed those I could afford and at the moment there's atleast

Canon EOS 3000N, which is said to be pretty ok for the beginners (even tho I ain't _totally_ newbie on this area)

EOS 650 was also found

Minolta 7000 (pretty good reviews on this one as well. I guess)

Minolta x-300s

eh, okay that's it so far. Allthough there's no telling if the prices will go higher.

Any opinion is appreciated, yay! :)

Canon is really good, I have the Canon Eos3000, its not really the best one u can have but it works, and I think the lense is more importnat then the "body", so I would rather take a cheaper cam and then save some money for a good lens :)

i'd go for Canon, but the biggest names dont always deliver the best result. check out some more mate - german brands do generally well...

Yeah I know what you mean tools. It's just that I'm shit with all them options and different cameras, and those were the most promising sounding (not to mention suitable for my wallet) at the auction site.

i wouldnt buy a machine from an auction site. especially not cameras - you need to hold them, feel if everythings working and you need to go back to the place if its broken.
cameras should be treated as babies :tickled:

Well I couldn't afford to buy a new baby either.

anyways even if I hold them and felt them and carressed them the whole night through I wouldn't know if something is out of place [edit: talking about the cameras now, you perverts!]. I just want a decent cam, in near future, with not much money :)

me was thinking of buying a digicam, and it should be withing a relatively cheap price range, lets say 200-300 €. I already found some in daily newspapers but i'm not sure which brand might be better and that (like Sony, Canon, HP etc). So any recommendation would be appreciated. Ah, and i heard that it would be better to have like 3 million pixel or more, not less. Is this true?

Canon is not Microsoft @toolsofthetrade ;)
I'm using a Canon EOS 500 and I got it for 150Euro on Ebay. If you buy on auction sites check the comments other buyers did on that seller. I suppose you could check Ebay.de too for Finland is in the EU so you don't pay any taxes and the shipping costs from Germany are not that high.
The lens I have is a Sigma Hyperzoom 28-300mm. I also got it on Ebay. Payed 180 Euro (in Switzerland it's still about 500Euro :ill: ). I got it from a guy in germany. Unfortunatelly he sent it to Austria instead to Switzerland so it took quite a long time. I told him that I really need it fast so he sent me anotherone. I got two lenses on the same day and just sent him one back again. Sure there's a risk on every auction site but the most of the guys there are ok. Just check the comments ;)

As Dragonlady said, the lens is more important. The most cameras nowadays have a good quality (as long as it's about known brands) so you can't make any big misstakes. Maybe it would be good if you would check the prces of lenses and other stuff for the camera. Nikon for example has got a bit more expensive equipment. A really high quality too but if you're not a professional then you actually don't need it. Mostly it's enough if you take care after your stuff ;)

BTW I might get my baby tomorrow :hotjump:
CanonEOS300D-M.jpg

DragonLady1 said:
I'll get it too, I dont have money for the 10d but I got my christmas extra today at work :) :) I guess I'll wait after London, lets see how much money is left then ;)
;) i have the same thing about a guitar

about Digital cameras, its quite impossible to tell wich one is the best, from hwat I experienced Olympus, Canon, Nikon and Sony are oke, but Sony has a shitty memory stick (but it has nice Zeiss lenses), I have a Olympus c-5050 and it's a really nice one.

What's important for Digicams:
- zoom
- at least 3 mp (I have 5 and if u print the pictures it doesnt make any difference to normal fotos)
- look if it uses compact flash, cause this card is the most compatible, so when u buy another cam u can still use it (and its not so expensive as well)

I made some bad experiences with Fuji btw, a friend of mine bought a Fuji digicam and it made bad pics...

well u can find some more infos here in english: http://www.steves-digicams.com/