For Those Of Us Who Were Left Behind

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
Okay, so we weren't exactly LEFT behind, :Spin: but we were unable to go to the show. Use this thread to share a bit of your misery, why you're not going, and which band you're really going to miss.

For myself, I had purchased tickets for me and my girlfriend back in May. But as the show loomed closer, I realized that the additional expenses were just going to be a little more than I could justify. In the last 18 months, I have knocked off over $18,000 in bills, not to mention that I live alone. So just going and charging up a card is not high on my to do list. And strictly IMO, I was never that jacked up for this years lineup. I have high hopes for next years show though.

But for this show, I will definitely miss seeing Savatage (ooops!! can I call them that?! :Spin: ) but not seeing Zach Stevens after all would probably cause me to beat a man randomly.

I'll also miss seeing Roy Khan sing. He is an unbelievable talent!

So all you other fellow PP rejects, leave a post!! :D

I could have went to this show easily. I have family 40 minutes out of Atlanta who I could have stayed with and wouldn't have even had to worry about a hotel just flying there and back from Jersey. It is just that this year the BWBK 6 Pack Weekend 2 festival caught my eye more. Both line ups were amazing but what made me go to BWBK is the fact that Groman got Grave Digger and they are one of my all time favorites and it was gonna be their first show in America. I also went to see Brainstorm, Seven Witches, Doro, Shadowkeep, Dismember, Primal Fear, Metal Church and everyone else but even if those bands weren't there I would have went just for Grave Digger. Then on top of it you had Brainstorm on this bill and they were just as high up there as Grave Digger for me. After BWBK I said to myself ok I still really wanna do my first ProgPower cause I wanna see Edguy, Tad Morose, Kamelot, and Savatage as well as Brainstorm again. Even though the show was sold out buying tickets off someone wouldn't have been a problem. Then in July the Edguy/Tad Morose show at BB Kings was announced and I almost creamed myself upon reading that news. So I scored tickets for that and then said ehh I am gonna skip ProgPower now. I already saw Brainstorm, I am going to see Edguy and Tad Morose. So the main two bands would be Savatage and Kamelot. Once Savatage gets their shit together I know they will tour. It won't be as special as their ProgPower performance but thats ok. I also know one of these days I will see Kamelot. They are becoming one of those bands that people really wanna see do a tour of the states like Nightwish, Helloween, Edguy, and Blind Guardian have done. The good thing about me is I live right outside of New York City so when these European bands come for their short runned US tours they are gonna pass through New York City without a doubt. I am hoping that next year I get to do my first ever ProgPower. SONATA ARCTIA, RUNNING WILD, and STRATOVARIUS please!

YtseJammer said:
I started Law School last month...couldn't afford the three days away from the books. I will be there next year, no questions asked.

I also missed 3 days of school (and 2 days of work).... I will have to work my butt off to recover those missed days, but I just couldn't miss prog power :)
Specially with my two favorite bands on the line up (Savatage and Pain of Salvation)...

I was ALMOST left behind. My flight on Thursday morning got cancelled, so I missed the pre-party altogether. The earliest flight I could get in on Friday landed at 6:20, and I ran straight from there to the venue in time to catch Tad Morose, Kamelot, and Savatage! But it was a close call...