For those that like ambient instrumental shit..a song i am working on

jsaudio

Dec 30, 2010
Hey guys let me know what you think of this, its a song i am working on to release this summer as a single for my band The Room Colored Charlatan, we are a prog deathcore similar to the contortionist if you are interested in checking us out

i realize the drums are kind of bleh but i had to program them and i am terrible at it lol

but i really like the vibe of this song just interested to see what you guys think
Still needs some work getting levels right i think though any help of production would be appreciated as well

Thanks guys

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9463730/TRCC SINGLE 1.mp3

for some reason the hat (pulse) sounds a little too fast, it might just be me? its also a tad loud, i mean compare the hat to the cymbals theres a difference. other than that i really like it. I've actually been lookin to write music like this myself but i havent been able to find the right programs (i have absynth now but i havent really played w it yet)

Please share what programs you used.

really love the track dude but the hats definatly annoyed me more than anything else it was like you had a hat sample with three velocities and my ears was picking up each one and patterns, it got quite annoying, but the rest of the track i enjoyed :D

thanks for taking a listen i will fix the hats i agree they are too loud, i assume you are especially talking about the closed hi hats?

actually i used acoustica beat craft for everything drum wise, and they only have 1 velocity pretty much lol so i had to go and try to make some edits i realize it still sound bad haha.

Actually the synth stuff during the song area all direct from a keyboard i have nothing fancy just a typical string patch, and then ending part that is the beat was actually made by my drummer, who uses ableton live 8 to make beats and things it is a really good program but def has a learning curve, i just use cubase and imported part of the beat he made at the end, more of the beat will be used as a song on our full length album and a pt 2 to this song. Thanks for listening!