for what i can remember as the first time ever, i am cross-posting

goatschool

Sep 12, 2002
www.youtube.com
yellow_parakeet_md_wht.gif

victor the talking parakeet.

dunno if it's fake or not, but even as a fake i admire it.

not sorry if this was posted before.

i have initial thoughts, but i'll hold them. i would suggest listening to the sound samples but holding off on "blue takes work" until after you've heard a few. "blue takes work" is mindblowing.

also, the (former) housemate (victor died) claims victor was a christian convert and the first animal to prove it's belief in a god!

i used to have one when i was a kid (??!).

it didn't talk abut we thought it was a boy until a year or two before her death, when she layed about 3-4 eggs.

it was sad and perfectly V.C. ANDREWS-ish, because she put a few behind a painting, between the top of the frame and the wall. my grandmother found these, brittle and destined to be forgotten, a while after the bird died.

When Victor started talking about God and the afterlife, it also solidified my belief in God as well. He said in one of his recordings that he was sad that people didn't believe in the bible enough and was worried that I might not make it to heaven because my beliefs were not strong enough. During the last day of his life he spent most of it standing in front of and staring at a picture of Jesus that my wife had set up in our bedroom.

i wonder if october has ever pee'd out the image of christ and you've just never noticed and just windex'd it up?

there's a barney song that goes 'pizza! pizza! nothin' beats a pizza! it's my tummy's favorite!' and i change the words to 'carrots! carrots! nothin' beats some carrots! they're my bunny's favorite!'