Forbidden has 'Seen Its Last Days As A Recording Band'

Snyde

Morph Manipulator
Oct 8, 2009
Marseille, Fr
"FORBIDDEN Has Probably 'Seen Its Last Days As A Recording Band,' Says Guitarist - Jan. 3, 2013

San Francisco Bay Area metallers FORBIDDEN have "likely seen [their] last days as a recording band," according to their guitarist, Craig Locicero. "[Drummer] Sasha [Horn] and [guitarist] Steve [Smyth] came through like champs last year when we had every intention to write and record our next record," he continues. "We started working on some INSANELY cool stuff! But alas, real life stepped in. Matt [Camacho, bass] has retired from music and Russ [Anderson, vocals] simply has no fire or desire to do the work it takes to get back to relevancy. It is a tough road; ask DEATH ANGEL. But they committed to it and I commend them. Russ just does not have the fire at his stage of life. I must respect that."

(...)

Locicero is currently focusing all his attention on SPIRALARMS, the San Francisco Bay Area-based heavy rock band also featuring Tim Narducci (ex-SYSTEMATIC) on vocals, Chris "Cornbread" Lombardo on bass, Brad Barth on keyboards, Anthony Traslavina on rhythm guitar and Ron Redeen (THE ESSENESS PROJECT) on drums.

SPIRALARMS' sophomore album, "Freedom", will be released later in the year."
Source: Blabbermouth

Well shit... I love Forbidden and its really sad news to hear that they're not recording any new material anymore. Especially since Omega Wave was one of the best thrash comeback albums... Oh well, life goes on, but their great music stays.

That's sad to hear. They seemed pretty lively when I saw them.........

In 2010. :lol: