Force of Evil

Sixx you rule! Absolutic orgasmic, if the album is half as good as the debut is a stamroller on full throttle
a046.gif

I got bashed a lot because I like an album that sounds like MF or KD, but without King Diamond (which vocals I can't stand). But I'm also pissed that most of the bunch bash Steene vocals, and I believe he's doing a pretty good job. The music is great, the playing flawless, so what else to ask for crying out loud?

To me FOE delivers, and I'm sure they're going to do it again.

When I first heard of this band, I was psyched. I'm a huge Diamond/Fate fan, and absolutely love the Denner/Shermann combo - as a team, these guys are JUST as good as Tipton/Downing or Murray/Smith.

Anyway, I've read many poor reviews of the debut, and the samples I heard (not many, I must say) didn't show me much.

Can you describe this album? Are the riffs in the same vein/style as classic Fate? Is the singer really as dreadful as the reviewers all claim he is?

Any project that includes Fate/Diamond guys has to be a quality project.....but I'm not sold yet.

IMO the singer is not dreadful at all, the problem is all the "purist" who wants KD 101% of the time.

The music is really good, heavy, powerful, great riffing and soloing. I don't know if I can compare to early MF because:

a) I'm not a fan and haven't hear enough to judge
b) Is not the same an album from 2003 than one from 1983. But I still believe the music is pretty much classic metal, no mallcore here.

Wyvern said:
...the problem is all the "purist" who wants KD 101% of the time.
It would be silly to have KD sing on a record like FOE.
It wouldn't work out. Plus this isn't the second coming of MF,
THIS IS a different band.
"Purists" are almost as annoying as the people that ONLY
dig Nu-Metal, it's like so black & white....

sixxswine said:
"Purists" are almost as annoying as the people that ONLY
dig Nu-Metal, it's like so black & white....
Indeed! And also the revisionist, man I hate those people. They never lived the time but they can go around telling you what is or not metal, judging bands older than them :err:

The debut is awesome. Martin Steene is not that bad I dig his vocals. His previous band Iron Fire is pretty good too. I can't wait for the new one. Sherman and Denner rule.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
how was their debut album? i was thinking about getting it when i first read about them in Metal Maniacs...
It was a good outting, I think those old dogs still have a trick or two up their sleeves. I look forward to the new disc, I'm sure they have come together as a band & have some killer material for us!
Pick it up. It's not a risk at all!