Forced Evolution releases "Sealed" - Mixed by Lasse Lammert/Guest sneapster on vocals

So..you just used a Slate Z4 sample for depth?

yep, doing that all the time...the z1/z3 normally sound either too dull or too dead for my taste...tbh I hardly ever use them, I usually prefer using the kit's real snare and when I blend in a sample I just go with some of the standards (D4 has got two or three real good ones....have a listen and you'll hear the favourite ones of Colin R. and Andy pretty easily I guess ;) ).
doesn't mean the slate samples don't sound good of course, I'm just not a big fan tbh.

if possible use the kit's own sounds and when I need a blender I'm totally fine with the D4 stuff and some Clearmountain etc.

of course those won't really work by themselves for programmed drums etc because there're not enough velocities/samples, but it's totally fine if you just blend them with the kit's own sounds I think....I usually NEVER work work programmed drums anyway...Forced Evo might have been the first time actually that I had to mix programmed drums.

what I also sometimes do with the Slate Z4 is HP/LP them to get a strong and punchy midrange, compress the fuck out of them and send them to the snarebus, then I'll slightly compress the whole drumbus and but a gate on it, sidechained by a time-advanced trigger track (this is actually the second gate, I have a tightly set one (also keyed by tr) on the mic tracks before I send them to the buss...sometimes even a 3rd one on the bottomsnare keys by the top-mic.......anyway, back to the gate on the drumbus....I'll have a longer hold/release on that one...like 200-500ms, so it's actually like a gated reverb, but I alsways set the release so it's long enough to bridge the gap to the next hit so it doesn't really has this gated reverb effect but is like a highly compressed room,....just less cloudy than if it would go all the way through the whole track.....I often do that as well though....depends.

anyway, you can get cool results with the Z4, especially if the original drums were recorded in a poorly sounding room.

Goddamn. This is really, really good. Nick, your band is what Dream Theater want to be but fail to do.

Is there a paypal download somewhere? I really dont need a CD but I wanna pay for it!

EDIT: Shit, this is gonna stay on repeat ....

EDIT2: Ulrich's leads are so tasteful! What tone! What a vibrato! Biggest respect!

Goddamn. This is really, really good. Nick, your band is what Dream Theater want to be but fail to do.

Is there a paypal download somewhere? I really dont need a CD but I wanna pay for it!

EDIT: Shit, this is gonna stay on repeat ....

EDIT2: Ulrich's leads are so tasteful! What tone! What a vibrato! Biggest respect!

Wow thanks Sami!!!

I have thought about the download option. Good call.

It's up now on the shop : "Sealed" Promo CD for Download : http://forcedevolution.bigcartel.com/product/sealed-cd-2009-mp3

I guess I found the guy I will call to make some nice promo pictures for our first album ;) I have thought about coming to your show in Gent on the 16th for a while. I've been listening to the extracts of your new album on your website. me like it. I'll PM you if I am coming.

Wow it's awesome to hear the final product. Sounds awesome! Good job Lasse! I also must say it was an honour to make a contribution!

The "meteul" vox is AKG C3000B in his Firepod (which died in the process), and there was a mixer in between but I don't remember what it was.

The mixer in the chain was my Allen&Heath Mixwizard WZ3 16:2. No EQ, just used basically as a monitoring control center (had the cue mix running through it as well) and the preamps sound pretty nice.

Wow thanks Sami!!!

I have thought about the download option. Good call.

It's up now on the shop : "Sealed" Promo CD for Download : http://forcedevolution.bigcartel.com/product/sealed-cd-2009-mp3

I guess I found the guy I will call to make some nice promo pictures for our first album ;) I have thought about coming to your show in Gent on the 16th for a while. I've been listening to the extracts of your new album on your website. me like it. I'll PM you if I am coming.

Cool. Just ordered it. Now waiting for the email with the download link. Let me know if you come by so I can put you on the guestlist! I hope that a bunch of people show up. No clue about my popularity in Belgium :)

EDIT: got your email. You may wanna think about using PayLoadz. It's an automated service. I used it for my webpage and I made almost 900 Euros off of sales straight from my site.

I agree it's a lot in dollards for 3 songs. but we're totally independent at the moment.. and we don't really have the choice if we ever wanna do a full length... we have NO monies at all. the band owes me hundreds of euros.

I can also upload Wave files for the sound connoisseur...

€4 is not asking for a lot really considering the quality of material on offer here. Plus for me it's about supporting independent artists when I truly appreciate the product (which I do).
The mp3s are at 256kbps which is good in my opinion and I am happy I made the purchase.