Forest - s/t (1969, acid folk for Doomcifer, etc.)

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
111111111111113yq.jpg

Forest - 1969 - Forest

Aquarius Records said:
Forest were a trio of hippie musicians (Martin, Dez, and Adrian) from the town of Walesby in Lincolnshire. All three of 'em are responsible for the quite excellent male vocals that help make their albums the amazing lost treasures they are, along with their strong songwriting, and their adept and varied instrumental backing (mostly acoustic, with guitars, harmonium, mandolin, pipes, cello, electric harpsichord, organ, percussion, etc.)...But, while 'folky,' this is by no means trad folk; they are down with prog rock moves that remind us as much of Pink Floyd as the Incredible String Band.

Awesome album that I've had downloaded for a while but lately can't stop listening to.

Two tracks:

A Glade Somewhere

Do You Want Some Smoke?

I just thought of that. He probably is.

The vocal harmonies really seal the deal on this album.
From what I read, their other album, Full Circle (which also has cool painted cover-art) is darker and would probably kick all kinds of ass too.

Fuck you Matt, I still haven't listened to all that rock you gave me while you were here, except Comus. Too much stuff.

Wait, did you ever listen to Swans yet? I'm not going to click on 40 links to get 1/2 an mp3 until you do. :tickled:

This is pretty okay. The second song much better than the first. Is this shit readily available for purchase? I might, if so.

This is pretty okay. The second song much better than the first. Is this shit readily available for purchase? I might, if so.

Aquarius Records has it for sure (I think).
I knew you might be gay enough to like it.
I listen to it almost every day now, as well as their 1970 album Full Circle.

Full Circle (1970):
cover_52321720102005.jpg

http://massmirror.com/1304e7f6c93b84...8fec439fd.html

Forest (1969):
cover_57301720102005.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/53326402/Forest.zip

Full albums fyi.

edit: IotS thanks for the support, I needed it on this one :lol: