Forever Free...

H

HighlanderTM

I just recieved 'Forever Free' featuring the second cover art (eagle grasping a snake in it's talons) rather than the 'old' Warhammer records cover featuring the space marine on motorbike. Anyone know where i can get a jpg of the original Warhammer artwork?

Talking of cover art, what do you consider the best (and worst) Saxon album art?

Best: Metalhead -

Worst - Innocence is No Excuse.

Over 2 U...

The best for me has to be Crusader. Top stuff

The worst has to be Rock n Roll gypsies live or the awful Forever Free Warhammer cover. Shockingly bad!

I don't think it's the actually craftsmanship of the cover artwork on Warhammer's Forever Free that bugs me, so much as the fact that it's a blatant advert for Games Workshops tabletop wargame series. I'm looking at the inlay for the re-released (SPV) Forever Free cd, and Biff states "We had problems with the studio and the production of Forever Free. But we went through it and the album saw the light of day."

Would perhaps one of these problem be Games Workshop aka Warhammer records demanding that the album cover be garnished with art from thier pantheon of fantasy games?

Probably.

Makes you wonder if D-Rok had the same problem...

My favorites are Dogs of War, Unleash the Beast and Killing Ground.

Either Crusader or Rock The Nations for best.

Innocence Is No Excuse for worst.

Best: Wheels of Steel (simple but ultra-heavy)

Worst: Forever Free (both versions suck)

I think Saxon have had enough of bad cover art so I am glad to see the nice cover for Heavy Metal Thunder