Saxon past UK Tours

themetallian

New Metal Member
Oct 8, 2004
Hello,

Recently recovered from my 400 mile round trip to see Monday’s ‘Lionheart’ tour gig at Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton. I was like a corpse in work on Tuesday morning!!!! Well worth the effort though as the band put on their usual quality gig even though Biff’s microphone volume could have been louder and clearer on the night.

After the gig I decided that I would try and write down the dates, venues and support bands from all the previous times I have seen Saxon over the years. I have managed to find my tickets from 4 or 5 gigs but I’m struggling to get exact dates from some other gigs. Is there any chance that any body out there has access to any old tour listings or listings in old tour programmes that might be able to complete my list?

The gigs/tours I can’t find dates for are as follows;

July 1982? The Eagle Has Landed UK Tour at St Austell Cornwall Coliseum with Cheetah as support

1984? Crusader UK Tour at St Austell Cornwall Coliseum with ? as support

1985 or 1986 Innocence Is No Excuse UK Tour at Bristol Hippodrome with ? as support

1990? Solid Ball Of Rock UK Tour at The Warehouse,Plymouth with ? as support

1992? Forever Free UK Tour at Plymouth Pavilions with ? as support

Any help with the tour dates and the supports would be very much appreciated - you can post any help here or e-mail me at neil.higson@btinternet.com. Thanks & rock on to Lionheart everyone.

themetallian.

Hello,

Recently recovered from my 400 mile round trip to see Monday’s ‘Lionheart’ tour gig at Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton. I was like a corpse in work on Tuesday morning!!!! Well worth the effort though as the band put on their usual quality gig even though Biff’s microphone volume could have been louder and clearer on the night.

After the gig I decided that I would try and write down the dates, venues and support bands from all the previous times I have seen Saxon over the years. I have managed to find my tickets from 4 or 5 gigs but I’m struggling to get exact dates from some other gigs. Is there any chance that any body out there has access to any old tour listings or listings in old tour programmes that might be able to complete my list?

The gigs/tours I can’t find dates for are as follows;

July 1982? The Eagle Has Landed UK Tour at St Austell Cornwall Coliseum with Cheetah as support

1984? Crusader UK Tour at St Austell Cornwall Coliseum with ? as support

1985 or 1986 Innocence Is No Excuse UK Tour at Bristol Hippodrome with ? as support

1990? Solid Ball Of Rock UK Tour at The Warehouse,Plymouth with ? as support

1992? Forever Free UK Tour at Plymouth Pavilions with ? as support

Any help with the tour dates and the supports would be very much appreciated - you can post any help here or e-mail me at neil.higson@btinternet.com. Thanks & rock on to Lionheart everyone.

themetallian.
I was at all those gigs too. Will try and dig out the info